Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Provisioning Problem

gree0115
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusNet Provisioning Problem

Dear All,
I'm just in the process of moving our broadband and phone over to PlusNet from BT. We're on the Bicester exchange which is enabled for ADSL2+. We get around 2.5-3Mb/s currently on BT.
My order has stalled for some reason and "Order status" is syaing there is a problem on the line.
The last batch of tickets are:
Your comment 5:53pm, Thursday 5th August 2010
Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
Install diary status changed from Application Submitted to Application Rejected
(via ADSL2+ Order System Interface)

Question Topic: Your Question | ID: 34573443 Closed
5:53pm, Thursday 5th August 2010
  Question Topic: Your Question | ID: 34572350  Closed
Your comment 5:00pm, Thursday 5th August 2010
Install diary status changed from Awaiting submission to the DSL supplier to Application Submitted
(via ADSL2+ Order System Interface)

Question Topic: Your Question | ID: 34572350 Closed
5:00pm, Thursday 5th August 2010
  Question Topic: Your Question | ID: 34570759  Closed
Your comment 4:20pm, Thursday 5th August 2010
Install diary status changed from Realm configured to Awaiting submission to the DSL supplier
Automatically set supplier product to WBC MAX24 mb/s (ADSL2+ Annex A) 448kbit/s Upstream

As there is already ADSL on the line via BT I just wondered why PlusNet should have a problem when everything has been working okay for the last 4-5 years on our BT service?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
David
12 REPLIES 12
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: PlusNet Provisioning Problem

Welcome to the forums! Let me have a look for you...
Edit: Your order was closed by our suppliers as a duplicate, but we only placed one order. It's possible that another provider has placed an order, or a mistake was made by our suppliers. I have asked our Provisioning Team to re-place this order for you and request an expedite if it turns out that our suppliers made a mistake. We'll be in touch as soon as we have any further update.
gree0115
Rising Star

Thanks Ben! Much appreciated.
gree0115
Rising Star

Ok thanks Ben, I will keep an eye on it. I certainly haven't placed an order with any other provider, so must be a duplicate. Thanks for chasing this and thanks for your follow up to my question on the support site. Cheers, David
gree0115
Rising Star

A further update: Just had a call from Customer Services requesting my MAC code. I'd already got this from BT and posted it last week on ticket number 34483002, so not quite sure why it was being requested again? I pointed them in the direction of Ben's message on ticket ref 34573445 on Friday afternoon last week. There's still some confusion with this phantom duplicate order. The lady I spoke to asked me if I had contacted BT to cancel the account. I haven't, I just contacted them to obtain the mac code. I want the telephone and broadband service to hopefully move over seemlessly.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gree0115,
I've resubmitted the order for you now, as soon as we get a due date we'll let you know but as it's a migration it shouldn't be too long - I'd guess by the end of the week for the broadband to move over.
Hope that helps, and sorry for the delay.
gree0115
Rising Star

Thanks a lot Matt.
Cheers,
David
gree0115
Rising Star

Further update!
My order has stalled again as of 1056 pm last night (9th August). It's on ticket ref 34623916.
Cheers,
David
UPDATE: Just spoken to Jack in Customer Service and the problem lies with BT, he is going to call me back.
gofaster
Rising Star

I'm sure that Jack meant to say that the problem lies with "our suppliers"  Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm on the phone now sorting this out for you. Hopefully I'll be posting back shortly with good news.
gree0115
Rising Star

Thanks for your message Matt, I see the problem lies with BT Wholesale! I note the update on the tech support site which Jack has posted. I will keep waiting.
Cheers,
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, it looks like an issue with a different supplier department that I can't deal with directly however I've raised an escalation with the department we can deal with who have in turn raised an escalation with that department to find out what's going on with your line - this is because they (nor we) can see any reason for the order being cancelled.
As soon as I hear anything back I'll update you, if that's not happened by late afternoon I'll be calling again to chase but as things stand I'm afraid we've got all we can for now.
gree0115
Rising Star

Ok, thanks for the update Matt, the joys of dealing with BT! The phrase "left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" comes to mind. Cheers David