cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet? PlusNightmare!

matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: PlusNet? PlusNightmare!

The Thomson router supplied by plusnet isnt that good to be honest, You'll need to wait for BT to up the speed on their side and Plusnet will follow around 12hours later.
Have you followed the NAT tutorials in the gaming section?
Regards
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Yes I have Sad . Isit possible for me to buy my own router and use that? What brands do you recommend and how would i go about setting it up? Do I just swap the routers?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It depends on how much you are willing to spend. I use a Billion 7800N which is a mid priced offering.
Incidentally there is now a good Support Library article regarding consoles and NAT Status here.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Great! Now I cant connect to Battlefield 3 Online! ALL I WANT TO DO IS PLAY!!  Cry I am so leaving PlusNet once my contract is over!
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

OK so Now that i fixed BF3 i cant connect to MW3. vise versa! wth is going on
dick:quote
matt_2k34
Grafter

I am so leaving PlusNet once my contract is over!

Why
If you had posted here before, people (customers or employees) could of helped you. If you dont ask you dont get.
Theres no reason to leave, a relatively cheap Router will sort out any NAT problems that you have, i also use the 7800N although its not the most affordable.
Great! Now I cant connect to Battlefield 3 Online

All you had to do is ask Smiley
If you have any problems you only need to ask.
Regards
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

I dont know why I am going through so much troubleshooting with PlusNet or maybe its the router :S If only it was as smooth as O2 who had the same exact router with.
Here are the issues.
When I go on to MW2 NAT Type is OPEN. Go onto MW3 NAT Type is Strict. When NAT Type is OPEN on MW3 suddenly I cant connect to BF3 Online. ViseVersa.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

An issue with UPnP on the router I would suspect. My previous Belkin router was suppose to support UPnP but I never did get it to work at all, ended up having to open the ports up manually in the web configuration.
That's RPM to you!!
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

UPnP Enabled and i got strict. strange!
matt_2k34
Grafter

This is what RPMozley is saying... its UPNP is ON but its not working properly.
Your post on another thread is later than that, saying it works... so are we good to say that you now have an Open NAT config...?
Or is there something else we can help you with?
As stated before, all you have to do is ask, PN CS arent able to help with tasks like this and will generally point you here... being patient and asking questions gets you much futher than...
Quote from: Random
OMFG IT DOSENST WROW IWRM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

which is what tends to be seen on these forums... Feel free to stick around and maybe! just maybe, you'll be able to help someone too.
Regards
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

I think im knocking down some of the issues slowly  Grin theres one more strange issue im trying to fix as ive mentioned on the other thread on the games section about bf3 online messing up when nat type finally opens on mw3 and when its strict im able to play bf3 and not mw3. hmmm....
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ashrafmiah93,
I've just made some changes to your connection. Let me know if you see any difference in the speed.
Jojo Smiley
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

Yep speeds have gone back to the 5mb area thank you Cheesy however my bt speed tests show that my line can hit around 7mb any chance of getting around there as it will help while doing some gaming. Thanks.
matt_2k34
Grafter

If you mean that the BT speedtester is showing a profile speed of 7 meg, then in ~12 or so hours Plusnets system will automagically upddate and give you the same (to do this you'll normally get booted off the internet (PPP drop only) and then reconnect straight away (at the new, UBER SPEED  Cool )
is ashraf a happy plusnet user now? Smiley
Regards
ashrafmiah93
Grafter

it doesnt seem to hit around 7mb which is what my ip profile says :S on tuesday suprisingly it hit 7mb i was quite shocked then it went back to 5mb Sad any chance of trying to hit it to 7mb oh plusnet geniuses Cheesy
dick:quote