cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1 versus Extra

kissack
Grafter

PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1 versus Extra

I have been on PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1  for ages, keptit for teh fixed IP but this is not really required now.  ALthought it was unlimited, it clearly isnt these days. So looking to save money by ditching talktalk and moving to +net I wonder what the real differences in the packages are?
Moving from PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1 to Extra + eve/we phone is a £1 pm increase (£7 after 3 months - but still a saving on my £11 with talktalk)
Is it worht it to save £4 pm?
--
Allan
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1 versus Extra

You can get a pictorial comparison of the two broadband products using the comparison tool here. Note that peak time on Extra is 8AM to midnight whereas it is 4PM to midnight on the legacy product. You can keep the fixed IP (and any webspace) if you need it.
David
kissack
Grafter

Thanks. Hadnt seen that tool, it is much easier to see differences like that
kissack
Grafter

So am I correct in understanding that the stated speed restictions are in place at all times? and that further restrictions apply after the 'dwonload' limit is reached?
I had thought I was totally unrestricted when staying under my 20Gb limit
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Peak time speed restrictions on BB Premier 1 apply from 13GB (Level 1), 17GB (Level 2) and 20GB+ (Level 3) (the product limit). Details of these are given on the portal here. Time-based traffic management restrictions - shown in 'expected speeds' tables - apply on top of those.
David