cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net COMPLETELY MUCK IT UP AGAIN

BRABUS
Grafter

Plus Net COMPLETELY MUCK IT UP AGAIN

Well some of you may have read my thread about PN cocking up my move to 21CN.  It shoudl have gone over on 7th but there was a cock up and they agreed to get it done today 14th.
full story here
I have just had confirmation after chasing my ticket that it wont happen today after all.

Come on Plus Net WHAT THE HECK is going on here?
14 REPLIES 14
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Plus Net COCK IT UP AGAIN

I've been through the original thread and your account and I've found where the confusion and our error on this has happened:
On this post Chris advised that the order had been placed incorrectly for the 17th. Then on this post I advised that we could move it to the 14th if needed as that's the earliest we could do it for from that point.
[quote=BRABUS]Please leave the order standing for the 14th.
You then asked us to leave the current order in place, this is our fault as we failed to notice that you'd said the 14th when the order that was in progress at that point was for the 16th.
The 17th is mentioned simply as the order can complete up to midnight on the 16th.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Plus Net MUCK IT UP AGAIN

Chris how could it be missed.  I didnt post that just once I repeated that same comment 3 times in the ticket to ensure that it was picked up.
I have added to my ticket that I wish this to be escalated as I am so completely HACKED OFF that I am considering getting a 3G card and telling PN where to stick their service.
James
Grafter

Re: Plus Net COMPLETELY MUCK IT UP AGAIN

Brabus,
You can't really escalate past Chris - he's the Head of our Digital Care Team.
The previous suggestion that was made - we could move you onto Max Premium with an increased level of upstream speeds and then place an order to move you to ADSL2.  That would give you 832Kbps upstream speeds (hopefully) within 24 hours so that your upstream would be less of a concern.
I am genuinely sorry for the break down here and I understand the importance of your upstream speeds but other than the scenario I have highlighted above there is very little (read as nothing) that we can do to expedite your order completion.
BRABUS
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Brabus,
You can't really escalate past Chris - he's the Head of our Digital Care Team.

Surely he has a boss?  What is the CEO's e-mail address or phone number then?  I am more than happy to get in my car right now and drive to Sheffield to discuss it face to face.
James
Grafter

If you email the CEO it will come directly to me.
BRABUS
Grafter

Are you in the office today ?  I take sugar in my tea  Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yes I do have a boss, however there isn't anything else he can do to help resolve this problem. The order is in place to complete on the 16th. I'm really sorry of the problems you've had with this.
Please don't visit the offices, we don't have facilities for customers here.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Thanks for your time on the phone Brabus.
As promised, I'll drop you a PM with my contact details.
alex7127
Grafter

Take a deep breath everyone, have a coke and get a smile Smiley
BRABUS
Grafter

Alex I am normally a very easy going person but for reasons I can't/won't go into here our broadband being up and stable for our CCTV etc is absolutley essential.  James called me yesterday and for that I would like to say a great big thanks to him.  I explained to him the reason why I am so concerned and I think you will find that he would agree whole heartedly with my reasons (The reason behind it is pretty shocking  Shocked Shocked ).
Anyway the change can't happen until tomorrow now but James has offered to go above and beyond to help us and this is the kind of customer service that I always tell family and friends about.  Cool

Thanks again James.
alex7127
Grafter

Smiley
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hey BRABUS.  I'm Chris's boss.  Let me know if you want me to give you a call so you can vent at me.
Sorry for the cock up  😕
I'm glad we seem to have got it resolved though!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi Brabus,
Obviously I am not privy to your particular situation, and indeed do not need to be to make this comment, but it is worth pointing out that you run a very big risk placing too much reliance on the provision of your broadband. The service offered is only provided on a best efforts basis - there are no guarantees of service.
Of course, there may well be an expectation of maximising availability - and I am sure Plusnet will do all they can to meet this - but even now that you've got whatever it was sorted you should still be mindful of the very real possibility of connectivity issues and mitigate this risk accordingly.
Mathew
x47c
Grafter

I'd agree
Indeed in the past I have had the "pleasure" of the E-side phone cables feeding me (and umpteen 100 others) being ripped out and stolen by copper thieves.
This put out of action all the phone and broadband services on this side of my exchange for a full week.
BT were working from first light in the morning to the evening including the weekend mending it.
I was told that BB access via mobile 3G was next to impossible during this period as surprise surprise, anyone who had the facility were all trying to use it at the same time.
As I've said before on these forums broadband is at the same stage of the early motor car.  Some worked, some didn't, some worked better than others, and those with an interest in car things got them to work the best.  It took many decades before cars became something you got in, turned the ignition and they worked every time.