cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please stop 'traffic shaping' my line a couple of days into my 'Plusnet broadband month'

voyager
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Please stop 'traffic shaping' my line a couple of days into my 'Plusnet broadband month'

Dear Plusnet Team I am on an ASDL unlimited contract and yes, I used the internet a lot the last couple days. However, I won't continue doing that for the whole month. Since yesterday night you have been 'traffic shaping' my line. Just as an example it took me c. 40! minutes to watch a 6 minute Guardian online clip yesterday night and certain web sites are not much better this morning. My current speeds are Download 1.12 Mb Upload 0.59 Mb 99 ms ping time I would very much appreciate getting back to normal speed. Thanks for your help Andrea
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Please stop 'traffic shaping' my line a couple of days into my 'Plusnet broadband month'

Sorry to hear about your issues.

I don't think your issue will be caused by traffic shaping as we prioritise streaming over other traffic as shown here

Our tests are showing that your speeds are quite low compared to the estimate for your line.

Can you go through the steps here and let us know how you get on?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
voyager
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Please stop 'traffic shaping' my line a couple of days into my 'Plusnet broadband month'

Thanks Matthew.

Whatever you have done worked, see below:

7.33Mb Download speed

0.69Mb upload
88ms ping time

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear that's made a improvement.

I'd still recommend going through the steps in the link provided just to make sure it doesn't happen again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team