Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please restore my newsgroup access.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Please restore my newsgroup access.

Plusnet,
Please restore my access to newsgroups.borland.com with immediate effect.
Another user (as shown on your own newsgroups) has stated that they can still connect and download headers from the borland newsgroups.
Clearly I have been blocked.
Kindly restore access immediately.
I am sick and tired of the stress you guys have caused us with the faults and connection issues you have forced us to put up with.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
17 REPLIES 17
7up
Community Veteran

Re: Please restore my newsgroup access.

I'd like to point out there is now a 2nd user on your own newsgroups that says he can connect to borlands newsgroups.
Rather odd isn't it. You insisted on the phone its a borland issue because you couldn't connect yet 2 of your other customers say they can.
Please remove the block and allow me access.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Should you not be able to access them from http://newsgroups.borland.com as well. Just so I'm clear I assume we're talking about a news server here and not a newsgroup?
I've tried telnetting the server to no avail. My connection is not throttled in any way, shape or form and I can't connect to the server (assuming it is a server - I can't find a group by that name).
So if it is an issue at our end, it's routing and not throttling/blocking that's the cause.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

7up
Community Veteran

See my newsgroup reply.
I'm getting mighty annoyed with the grief I continue suffering with PN. This connection is so restrictive. The only advantage I have over dialup is http and ftp downloads. Thats it.
Also embarrassing for you guys surely that 2 of your other customers CAN connect yet I can't. You say that you've not blocked the server yet atozedsoftware was never blocked either (it had a lower priority rating) yet I had exactly the same symptoms until you finally re prioritised it.
Coincidence? On PN owned by BT who also gave me hell years ago? Its possible but I find it hard to believe.
I hope you can understand why I am so frustrated.
MauriceC
Resting Legend

You're not alone Okrzynska, I've also lost access to the Borland news server for the last two days and I guess so have most other subscribers.
I believe that the server is down - see  http://groups.google.co.uk/group/borland.public.delphi.non-technical/browse_thread/thread/c914a0c2d8...
Googling for Borland news servers suggests that this is not the first time.  Monday will probably see it resolved from the Borland end and NOT Plusnet.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

zubel
Community Veteran

Yup, seems like it's widespread.  I can't access them from a Plusnet account, a BT account, a Virgin.net cable account, a Virgin DSL account, and a Be Internet account.
Brb though, gotta post on all their forums blaming them.
B.
geewizz
Grafter

Anyone for a slice of humble pie .... with immediate effect?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: okrzynska
See my newsgroup reply.

Which I've now replied to.
In a nutshell, I don't think we're intentionally blocking access to the server on your account or any other for that matter.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

7up
Community Veteran

Quote from: geewizz
Anyone for a slice of humble pie .... with immediate effect?

Yeah maybe me...
Thing is though I've got so hacked off with the way PN seem to randomly strangle my connection I never know whos at fault. When other PN customers tell me that they CAN access the newsgroups it makes it look like PN are at fault. When you've had a lot of grief with them in the past its easy to see them as the ones in the wrong.
I apologise PN if I am wrong. I am however as always still suspicious of you especially now you are part of the big BT group who I've had serious clashes with in the past.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: okrzynska
Thing is though I've got so hacked off with the way PN seem to randomly strangle my connection I never know whos at fault.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but have you considered moving to Broadband Your Way Option 2?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

7up
Community Veteran

Bob,
Seriously with the grief I've suffered with you guys so far do you honestly think its going to convince me to upgrade?
Ok my package isn't 'designed' for p2p use. The page did say occasional use would be ok. When I struggled to download 300b per second (not Kb just b) I decided that I would not upgrade. Clearly even occasional has no meaning with you guys.
Sorry but 'trying' out your service on this package has made me even more determined than ever not to try any of your other packages. PN haven't done very well trying to showcase what they offer..
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Have I got this right..
So you picked a package which states
Broadband Your Way Option 1 is ideal for web surfing and email. It is not suitable for frequent gaming, binary USENET, Peer-to-Peer, VPN, FTP or lots of music and video downloads.
and then complain that Usenet and P2P don't work properly.
zubel
Community Veteran

Apparently it's a travesty and a shocking misidentification of the product.
or something..
B.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

That is some big pie someone is cooking Lips_are_sealed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
7up
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
Have I got this right..
So you picked a package which states
Broadband Your Way Option 1 is ideal for web surfing and email. It is not suitable for frequent gaming, binary USENET, Peer-to-Peer, VPN, FTP or lots of music and video downloads.
and then complain that Usenet and P2P don't work properly.

Tbh, i don't even know the package name - I rarely use the portal.
I've never seen that text above though - Never seen a word about usenet. Don't worry though, I'm the guilty one even though HTML can be edited.