cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please reset IP Profile

jbrumhead
Grafter

Please reset IP Profile

Hello! Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed that my broadband speed has dropped although my connection to the exchange is still at it's usual levels (7,456 kbps). I usually get about 6.8Mbits but it has dropped to nearer 5 now. Please could you reset the IP profile for me?
Another query... My upload speed is maxed at 0.37mbits as I am on an old ADSL1 exchange. My friend reckons if I take business broadband this should support 0.7mbits. I don't believe this is true as the exchange is not 21CN. Am I right?
6 REPLIES 6
avatastic
Grafter

Re: Please reset IP Profile

Howdy,
You don't need a business class product for faster uploads on ADSL1, you can order ADSL Max Premium at trials.plus.net for an additional £7.83 (inc VAT).
Cheers,
A.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
jbrumhead
Grafter

Thanks mate! Gosh, that is a little dear as it's almost the same price as my current broadband package. I will have a think about it but grateful for the info. Not heard or seen this before Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@JonathanB ,
I've just been able to increase your profile to 7150kbps to match BT's
Let us know if that's led to an improvement your side. We'd just need you to run a test at http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ if there's any further issues with that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jbrumhead
Grafter

Thanks Adam for your prompt response! How long does it take, a few hours? Also, in relation to my upload query would Plusnet business broadband also improve my upload speed?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That should have been fairly instant. Try rebooting the router if you've not seen any change yet.
Re the upload speeds. Yes that's the way to get a higher upstream on your connection/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jbrumhead
Grafter

Hi Adam. I don't think the speed has changed much. I have tried re-booting the router and I'm now connected at 7,360kbps. I carried out the BT Speedtest and the result was 5.8mb. Do you have any idea why I have dropped from 6.8? Is it anything to do with me restarting my broadband package? (ie have I been treated as a new customer and the line is being retrained?)