cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please remove upload cap

chaudryazkan

Please remove upload cap

Hi
Thanks for this.  Good news is I was patient and now are connected.  Download Speed is ok (expect this to improve with time) however I I wanted plusnet to REMOVE THE CAP on my UPLOAD speed please.  I require this for child monitoring purposes etc so need as much upload as possible.
Please see results of my BT Wholesale Speedtester attached.
I HAVE ALREADY MADE THIS REQUEST INT TICKET Question #112332187
Thanks
Chaudryazkan
Thanks
Asmar
13 REPLIES 13
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Please remove upload cap

The upload speed of 0.99Mbps is already uncapped, if it were capped it would be about 0.4Mbps. You can show us your ADSL stats (see this thread for the details needed) and we could see if there is any room for improvement, but around 1Mbps upload speed is about as good as it gets on ADSL. Also, download speeds are unlikely to improve very much over time (maybe by about 0.5Mbps if your line is good enough).
chaudryazkan

Thanks for your reply.  I am having trouble obtaining router stats for my netgear D7000 http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZU1T8C0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00
Is the attachment below what you are looking for?
I used to get around 1.4 MBs upload with Sky Broadband before changing to PlusNet so I was looking for around the same.  The half MB really helps!
dick:quote
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Yes, the part under "ADSL Link" has the details I was looking for. The downstream link rate may be a little lower than the best case expectations for the line attenuation, but not by much. The upstream is about as good as you can get on Plusnet and any other ISP that uses BTWholesale equipment at the exchange. Sky usually have their own equipment at the exchange, which tends to give slightly better speeds.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As others have mentioned I'm afraid that you're very unlikely to see an improvement in the upload speed on an ADSL2+ service, syncing at 1.2Mb/s is very good for this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chaudryazkan

Hi guys
Thanks for this. I appreciate all the kind help here but is my upload deff not going to get better ? It's the difference between my cctv working remotely or not so i really need the juice. I may have to go back to sky!...
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You could upgrade to a Business account and then go for the Annex M option (which costs extra). This takes some of your download speed away to increase the upload.
Do you know if you were on Annex M with Sky?
Is fibre not available to you?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chaudryazkan

Hi.
Fibre isn't available. What are implications of business upgrade?
I wasn't on Annex M with Sky just whatever they gave me.
chaudryazkan

any further help on this?
Chris
Legend

Unfortunately there's little more we can do. Your line is performing very well for an ADSL2+ service on the upload.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chaudryazkan

I had asked what the implications of business upgrade and annex M were
Chris
Legend

Upgrading to a business account would mean contacting our Business Sales team, it would mean agreeing to a new contract. It's worth keeping in mind that although Annex M *might* help, there's no guarantee as the estimates for Annex M on your line are 1Mb/s upload.
chaudryazkan

can you briefly tell me of the charges for the same?
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
To get the most accurate quote for your line on Business Sales, I suggest speaking to them directly. They are available as per below:
0800 023 2221 or 0300 123 4433
9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Or you can fill in the following sales enquires form and they will call you back as soon as possible:
http://www.plus.net/business/sales-enquiries/
Thank you for your understanding.