Did you mean: 

Please poke ticket 69872306

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Please poke ticket 69872306

@DCT
Can someone please poke the above ticket?
BB service has been dropping out for a while.  Did standard tests on Tuesday evening.  Line so bad that fault ticket could not be raised down that line.  Raised ticket via business line around 20:45.  Automated tests ran 21:00 and BB connected and stayed connected for 47 hours.  Now no connection again.
No update received from PN yet.
Kit is all connected (at master socket), but no one technical available at premises (am resident at business address) any voice contact must be to mobile please.
I understand that the auto test can send higher voltages down the line that can fix iffy joints - seems like such a fix has become unfixed.  BB & phone supplied by PN.  No discernible noise on line.
Line speed has been poor, but that can be addressed when the line is working again.
Thanks,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

27 REPLIES 27
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Please poke ticket 69872306

Hi Kevin,
I'll give our faults team a nudge with this one, I can see you've added a couple of comments to the fault ticket which is why there's been no response yet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Chris,
Errr yes, it is Hobson's choice here... do I keep PN updated with what's happend (with the risk of the ticket being 'taken down the stack') or do I keep any useful updates / progress to myself (thereby allowing it to rise up the stack)?
I know you guys have lots of 'must do' things, but I suggest the suggested characteristic of the ticket system by which user updates cause the ticket to loose its place in the queue needs rectification... or should we just stop keeping you appraised?
Whatever, thank you for nudging it with the team.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I know you guys have lots of 'must do' things, but I suggest the suggested characteristic of the ticket system by which user updates cause the ticket to loose its place in the queue needs rectification... or should we just stop keeping you appraised?

Hi Kevin,
We're well aware of the downside of things working that way, definitely don't stop keeping us appraised. If it suits you better then post on here of PM me and I'll add the info to the ticket as that shouldn't have any impact on its place in "the queue".
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
We're well aware of the downside of things working that way, definitely don't stop keeping us appraised. If it suits you better then post on here of PM me and I'll add the info to the ticket as that shouldn't have any impact on its place in "the queue".

Bless you Adam, that's a right kind offer, but it places more work on you as an individual, defeats the point of the ticketing system and not everyone knows that updating tickets with more information has the consequence of delaying action on it.
Anyhow if BTOR hold up to their end of the bargain, I'll get a visit this afternoon thanks to prompt action on Friday evening from the support team.
Thank you,
Kevin

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Bless you Adam, that's a right kind offer, but it places more work on you as an individual, defeats the point of the ticketing system and not everyone knows that updating tickets with more information has the consequence of delaying action on it.

No worries, I fully get what you're saying but don't let it stop you in the meantime eh. Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

Quote from: James
I'm not convinced that staff adding comments doesn't cause the same issue.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

What the call centre are normally asked to do is to add a separate "contact" to the account (A contact is what we call a ticket that is automatically closed as soon as it is raised) if a customer calls to give us additional information.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

James,
From personal experience of delivering it support, that does not sound overly helpful - one would then need to look through recently closed 'contacts' to see if there is anything relevant to the 'current' problem.
As I said, I'm sure that there are other burning issues, but stopping customer updates causing a ticket to loose its place in the queue would be most beneficial to all, especially in respect of faults, where providing feedback / updates cannot be anything other than being helpful to PN in seeking a resolution of the issue.
@Adam,
Can you please apply the PM details I sent to the ticket please?
Thanks,
Kevin

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sure, I'll do my best to get it some attention at the same time.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Thans Adam,
That was swift less than 10 mins between your update here and text advising of ticket update.
One small point however; "present" in the update text referred to 19:30 on Tuesday evening (28th) - the ticket update was 10:15 on 30th.  Do not want anyone to be confused.
Which leads to a further observation - it is 48+ hours since the synch on the line has been significantly improved, yet there has been no change to  my PN profile.
In passing BTOR told me that I was on an upto 8meg product - I thought PN had upgraded everyone to upto 24meg.  Have I misunderstood?
Kevin

jelv
Seasoned Hero

Does http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome say WBC ADSL 2+ is available?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Jelv,
Sure does...
Telephone Number 01606****** on Exchange HARTFORD is served by Cabinet 6

Available Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date
Featured Products
WBC FTTC Up to 45.5 Up to 8 -- Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 3 -- 1.5 to 5.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 2 -- 1 to 3 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available

I'm already getting more than the ADSL2+ DS published rate, so may be there's not too much point!  FTTC looks pretty dammed poor here too.  Sad  I am sure that there used to be a green cabinet at the end of the close, but not any more.  I'm starting to suspect that FTTC is not what we might have expected - Fibre to that existing cabinet just up the road.  I now suspect that it is to new cabinet with even longer D-Side circuits that we have / had with ADSL, with the consequence that the high quality fibre service is now being 'wasted' on longer D-Side pairs.  Cry
Cheers,
Kevin

jelv
Seasoned Hero

Looking at that you'd probably be better off staying on ADSL1 - you should actually be on ADSL1 delivered via 21CN WBC. You can confirm that from the results of the diagnostic BT speed test - if it shows the upload IP profile you are on 21CN.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@townman,
We have you on ADSL1 over 21CN as Jelv rightly thought, not everyone is on a strictly up to 24mb service no.
How's everything since the profile was updated yesterday?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team