cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please could you check for dropped connections

dave1240
Grafter

Please could you check for dropped connections

Hello, I have noticed BT in my area messing around with those boxes and for past 2-3 days when i go to play guild wars 2 they keep saying my IP profile has changed. I never turn the router off so i don't know why this is happening but when it does i have to log into my email and complete a acess form over and over. I log into the game twice a day and play for 30 minutes maximum so they is a huge time frame for my IP to be changed.
This could just be nothing i just wanted a quick check up as i have a awfull thomson router.
Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Please could you check for dropped connections

Guild wars and any game won't have knowledge of your IP profile? Do you mean that your IP address has changed?
If that's the case you can set a static IP from the add-ons section of the website, it's a one-off fee of £5 if you want to do this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dave1240
Grafter

Yeah, that is what i meant Smiley i was thinking the IP stays the same until the router is restarted?.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

If you would like to add a static IP address you can do so <a href="https://portal.plus.net/AddOns.html">here</a>.
If you have any questions with this then please ask.