cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please can anyone show me the way to update my ip profile speed!

iqramhafezji
Dabbler

Please can anyone show me the way to update my ip profile speed!

Hi Staff & Plusnet Community
I was checking what speed my line is capable of getting, it was 36mb when I bought the line two months ago. that is the speed I am getting right now and my current ip profile is 37mb. but today i have just checked and my telephone exchange says my line is capable of 47.8mb i was wondering if or how my ip profile can be updated to achieve that speed. i have attach some screenshots of what my line can achieve.

Thank you! for reading my post.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Please can anyone show me the way to update my ip profile speed!

The one part you haven't checked is the actual IP profile
Run the BT speedtest and select the diagnostic after it completes
This explains http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
There are three possibilities - your speed is actually lower than the estimate or the Plusnet profile is stuck or you have been provisioned on 40/10 not 80/20
The last one is correct if you are on Essentials and not Unlimited
iqramhafezji
Dabbler

hey i just attached screenshot of my result, let me know what you think. oh by the way i am on unlimited fibre optic.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Looking at your initial post, and the line estimate when you first signed up, we've placed your line on the 40/10 variant of the Fibre product. I'll get one of the team here to place an order to move you to the 80/20 variant so you should get closer to your new estimate.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
iqramhafezji
Dabbler

Chris, you are right I was initially quoted 36mb my fibre does achieve what Plusnet promised and I am very satisfied with everything Plusnet has provided. I just thought if my line has more potential, why not optimise the setting to best of lines ability. Thank you for getting Plusnet team to look into it, looking forward to speedier line.
Update - 13.44 june 13th
i just checked  my plusnet ip profile its gone to 76mb and i did bt fault test, download speed showing me 39.14 and max achievable still 38.72. Ive attached screenshot.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just wanted to confirm that my colleague Chris (Purvey) has now placed this for you, it'll complete tomorrow and you won't need to do anything, it'll all sort itself out automatically.
iqramhafezji
Dabbler

thank you guys,  brilliant my fibre got more umf!.  speed I'm getting I've attached a screen  shoot. i,ve got to hand it over to you guys i never had service like this from another provider.  very happy thank you again.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for letting us know, glad to hear it Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team