cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please assure me these speeds will improve...

JUICE690
Dabbler

Re: Please assure me these speeds will improve...

Thanks for the replys, I have since upgraded to Pro although probably only for the next month then I'm likely to move to a new provider who offer the same package at that price but with a 30B monthly peak time limit.
I realise Plusnet offer a 30GB peak time offer (option 3 I think) but I can't work with the capping it entails so unfortuantley it looks like I'll be moving on again... thank goodness for 1 month contracts! Smiley
greyposter
Grafter

I'm struggling at the moment.
Your DSL connection rate: 7360 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 6000 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2021 kbps
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Do you still get the same speeds after rebooting your router?
greyposter
Grafter

Today 19:24 4848 kbps (606kB/s) 336 kbps (42kB/s)  Seems to be heading up again.
techguy
Grafter

I think all providers are going to get to a stage where they have to introduce (if they haven't already) or tighten their traffic management policies for the security of  their businesses if not the stability of the net's backbones so I think its something we'll all have to get used to as you'll either have provider's going bust or everyone having such a dire connection that they give up on the net.
Anyone remember the dial-up provider RedHotAnt? you paid a joining fee and got access to an 0800 number for free net access for life.
A mate of mine paid his joining fee and used it as his business connection and used to dial-up at 8 a.m., log off at 9 p.m. and used to stream net radio through it which a lot of people  did and then wondered why they went under.
Have to say, I'm impressed that PN publish their management polcieis as a lot of ISPs don't and sometimes deny they engage in traffic management.