cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help

mike360
Grafter

Please Help

(see attachments) like you can see there something wrong, just wondering if plusnet can do something before BT engineer visits on monday. thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Please Help

Why have you got a BT engineer visit scheduled?  These figures suggest a physical line fault, which is why an engineer visit might be required.
Can you hear noise on the phone line?
Is the router plugged into the master socket?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: mike360
right now my line is clear (which is weird) but later on it start crackling or buzzing i don't know why , iv changed filters and tried a different phone (wired) and yeah my router is connected to test/master socket.

Mike,
Please keep the dialogue on the forum, that way others can contribute too.
What you describe is an intermittent line fault, usually caused by a bad joint.  It can vary due to air moisture (rain etc) so it can go away and come back.  Incoming calls (ring tone higher voltage) can also clear line noise.
Until this issue is fixed, you are not going to see an improvement to your broadband service.  Lets hope that the BTOR engineer turns up on Monday as scheduled and does a good job first time.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

An engineer has been booked as we have located a fault on the telephone line.
There is very little we can do unfortunately until the fault has been rectified as any line resets or profile changes are likely to either make the problem worse or have no impact at all 😕
mike360
Grafter

Ok thanks anyways  Wink Smiley il let you (plusnet) know on monday.
mike360
Grafter

after 20 hours + here are my stats now (see attachment)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've just reset your line following the work carried out by the engineer.
You should notice an increase in speeds within the next 4 hours.