cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phorm

paulby
Grafter

Re: Phorm

The site is working for me on a PN connection - obviously he hasn't blocked all the IP address ranges!
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Same here, I can get in too...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
avalon
Grafter

What made me laugh is that he has blocked access to the "About Phorm" page.  You'd have thought he'd want to explain to BT customers what it was and why they didn't want it. Roll_eyes
paulby
Grafter

What made me laugh is that he has blocked access to the "About Phorm" page.

For those that can't get access, here's the page you're missing!
BoneMan
Grafter

Quote from: thejudge
[The 'Phorm Cookie Test' page shows with a green image:

Sorry, catch up mode - @thejudge: you might want edit that image to prevent people knowing who you work for  ;). There are those in that organisation that would not be happy  :'(.
avalon
Grafter

I thought that the IP address listed was that of whoever viewed the green icon.  When I look at it it's the one I am currently on.
thejudge
Rising Star

Quoth BoneMan:
@thejudge: you might want edit that image to prevent people knowing who you work for  Wink. There are those in that organisation that would not be happy  Cry.

Sorry, don't get what you're on about. How does that image give away anything about me other than my host name (from my +Net-hosted webspace)?
paulby
Grafter

Post deleted - see post below!
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I can't see any references to proxies or IP addresses in that image - which green image are you referring to?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

paulby
Grafter

Just noticed the post by me above.  The image will display the hostname of whoever is viewing it!
Heloman
Grafter

Quote from: Paul03
The site is working for me on a PN connection - obviously he hasn't blocked all the IP address ranges!

This discussion came up way back in the spring, IIRC.
Isn't it just those PN customers who use RIN (which uses BT IPs) that are affected?
thejudge
Rising Star

Isn't it just those PN customers who use RIN (which uses BT IPs) that are affected?

As far as I'm aware, I'm not on RIN.
It would be interesting to see exactly which ranges he has blocked.
thejudge
Rising Star

There's a a list at the following page:
http://www.badphorm.co.uk/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?4326.0
It contains the IP addresses that the Dephormation guy seems to have based his block list on. This includes, for example, 212.56.99.x. My IP is within that range.
Would those who say they can access all of the Dephormation site check that list to see whether their IP address is on it?
Thunderclap
Grafter

I wonder who Phorm really are?
Given that B.T. was ALLOWED to get away with spying on their customers by the Police who said that B.T. had not broken any pirvacy/data protection laws because there was "assumed consent" - a defence often used by rapists - on behalf of B.T. customers as, B.T. & Phorm were intending to "improve" their service to those customers, why were the police so eager to back away from an issue that was clearly NOT in the public interest. Are Phorm part of the Home Secretaries 'initiative' to spy and record EVERY single click, text and call we make?
Is the real story PHORM = POLICE
Anyway, WEB MASTERS add this line to your page headers...
<meta name="Adware" content="You may not record client visits to this web page. By doing so you are in breach of data protection laws" />
... it won't cease spyware, but it will register your contempt.
No Flash No Thunderclap
paulby
Grafter

Would those who say they can access all of the Dephormation site check that list to see whether their IP address is on it?

My PN static IP isn't included in any of the ranges on that page (I won't list it here for obvious reasons!).