cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line fault

pawprint11

Phone Line fault

I have only just signed up with Plusnet and the ADSL connection doesn't work. Plusnet have sent a replacement, which also doesn't work. My phone line works when plugged straight into the socket, but the ADSL adapter stops my phone line working and I have no internet, the router just keeps flashing orange.
My question is, will I have to pay for an engineer to check my BT open reach box/line?
2 REPLIES 2
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Phone Line fault

You'll have to pay if O/Reach determine if fault is in your house wiring, or ADSL filters ie downstream of their Master Socket.
You say PN sent you a replacement; of what exactly?
Follow the troubleshooting advice pages on this website.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Re: Phone Line fault

Hi there.

Our tests aren't showing the cause for the issue however based upon what you've said I'd like to make sure that your equipment is set up correctly. Can you confirm that the cable from the microfilter to the router is going to the grey port on the router as opposed to the red WAN port at the back?

If you're still having issues can you try connecting your phone and router into the test socket through the microfilter as per the steps here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

This should rule out any internal wiring affecting your connection.

If you're still having issues I'd recommend reporting a broadband fault to us at http://faults.plus.net. One of the first things you'll be asked to do is check your phone line, I'd select the option that it's working fine.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet