cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal tablet connects via wi-fi but work Surface Pro won't.

Riff

Personal tablet connects via wi-fi but work Surface Pro won't.

Like many, I'm on enforced work from home.

My wi-fi was working perfectly yesterday on all devices.

Today, when I tested my devices, both computers connected via ethernet and are working fine, as is my tablet via the wi-fi,

However, my Surface Pro that I need for my job was working fine on wi-fi yesterday, but will NOT connect today. Instead, I keep getting the message "No Internet, Secured".

I've tried soft reboot, hard reboot, changing my VPN, re-entered the password key several times (after the message "Some information changed since the last time you connected. We need additional information to complete the connection"), all to no avail. I've looked for online solutions in forums, but with it being a work device, I don't have admin access to change a lot of the settings that these suggestions offer-up.

Hard reboot, worked for all for 10 seconds before disconnecting again.

The wi-fi icon on my Surface pro fluctuates between showing a blacked-out signal icon with an asterisk or a white signal icon with a yellow triangle with ! in the middle of it.

Of course, nobody is available on Plusnet to answer the phone and the chatroom seems to be down.

Clues, anyone?

1 REPLY 1
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Personal tablet connects via wi-fi but work Surface Pro won't.

Have you tried calling IT support at your place of work?  It could be a parameter in your user profile that has been changed as part of security.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.