cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Insults from PlusNet: NOT ACCEPTABLE

fedupcustomer
Dabbler

Personal Insults from PlusNet: NOT ACCEPTABLE

I am still a paying customer, using PlusNet although in the process of migrating. I have been posting and replying to comments that I have raised about PlusNets behaviour and goodness me! The moderators on this site do not like true negative criticism. I have a moderator calling me an idiot (that was 'Jelv') and 'Townman' and 'Oldjim' closing down my comments so that I cannot continue to interact with people responding to me comments (one of whom states how rude the moderators are).
I am still a customer. If PlusNet do not like me entering discussions about their failings and want to hide my comments then so be it, but let it be a warning to other potential customers.... this is how I was treated and why I have moved suppliers. The proof is in my other postings.
Will PlusNet explain why they allow 'moderators' to insult paying customers and stop them in a forum if they don't like the real, proven criticism? What will PlusNet do about this?
13 REPLIES 13
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Personal Insults from PlusNet: NOT ACCEPTABLE

The only person from the ones you have mentioned that is a moderator is Oldjim. Jelv and Townman are customers who provide help to others on here in their own time (as do the moderators). None of them are Plusnet staff and none of them receive recompense for spending their own time helping others on here.
We've tried to explain the issue to you, unfortunately we aren't in a position to help any further unless you decide to cancel the migration out to BT.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Nothing you have referred to are personal insults from PlusNet.  The majority of the posters on here are like you paying PN customers, not PN staff as you suggest.  As Jelv has noted whilst many of us have had very positive experiences with PN we have also been critical of their failings.  The bulk of your issues would appear to be related to BTOR infrastructure, something which your new ISP will also need to deal with.
Clearly you believe you have just cause to be upset with the service you have received from PlusNet, however you have chosen to move your service to another ISP and as such there is now nothing this forum (or PN) can do to assist with your technical problems.  That is why the thread was locked - it was going (can go) nowhere.
If you want help, then yes this is one of the places to come, but ranting is not going to help get you empathy.  I hope that when your service is moved you will get a different level of service from your new ISP.  I will be surprised if you find with them such a great a willingness to assist, if indeed they have a forum where you can vent your "honest" feelings at all.  With many ISP forums (where they exist) your posts would simply have been deleted by now.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gnicholson8
Grafter

Quote from: fedupcustomer
calling me an idiot

After reading all of your posts on here, I would agree with him. You are an Idiot.
I am in no way affiliated, employed, empowered or given sexual favours for calling idiots and idiot by plus.net
On a more serious note, Every issue I have ever encountered with my internet and using plus.net as my ISP. (I was with them five plus years before moving to sky for fibre then just moved back to them for my new fibre line) has always been a result of the infrastructure provided by BTOR or downtime because of BTOR.
The call centres have always been quick for me to get too (however I noticed they take a little longer this time around when I used them two years ago it was instant connect with someone but they are definitely better than BT and if you think they're rude, you wait  a couple of months when you contact BT, you'll be in for a shock.
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1  Grin
picbits
Rising Star

I echo what Townman has said.
And on another note, I *am* qualified to share recent experiences with British Telecom as I run my own electronics business and IT support and have regular contact with BT on behalf of customers.
The issues with getting through to foreign call centers for initial reporting and diagnostics of faults are very much still happening and this is the precise reason I have nothing to do with BT personally.
Yes, Plusnet aren't angels, they can take their time to answer tickets but for the price they charge for the service you receive, I don't think they can be beaten. I have only had to contact them by telephone once and that was for a line issue and I was sorted within 5 minutes.
I hope that BT manage to sort your line / issue out promptly as if you need to have any kind of extended dealings with their support department then you'll be screaming with frustration. If they can't sort it and you manage to escape, consider using A&A as your ISP - you will however pay 3-4 times the current rate of BT/Plusnet for the extra customer service and fault finding experience they offer.
picbits
Rising Star

Guys - skip the name calling please Sad
I agree that signing up for a forum like this with a name like "fedupcustomer" isn't going to endear any of the old skool members to them but a lot of people sign up and use the forum as a last ditch attempt to get stuff sorted after failing on the telephone.
I do agree that certain newer members attitudes and patience could be a whole lot better though but name calling isn't going to sort anything out.
gnicholson8
Grafter

Hey, I'd offer the guy some actual help but his posts seem the most confusing stuff I've ever read, it doesn't make sense and he barely posts what "his problems are" and displays more troll-like behaviour.
jim:quote
picbits
Rising Star

We occasionally have customers like that. I remember when I first joined, there was one who was intent on replying to every post with defamatory things about Plusnet.
There have been quite a few "colourful" characters since.
fiscelan
Grafter

Have been with PN since only 6 days and all I can say is that I've been very impressed by the level of quality of replies I've seen here on the forum and for my own issues.
Same over the phone.
Go on like that please PN community! Cheesy
Razer
Grafter

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html
Arguments
There is a fine line between discussion and argument which is at times hard to define. In general a discussion becomes an argument when the postings become personal and if this starts to become obvious then the Moderators will take necessary action which may include removal or locking of posts.

Trolling
A troll is a person who posts inflammatory messages, to disrupt the discussion or to upset its participants. The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is also used to describe such messages or the act of posting them. This behaviour will not be tolerated.

Personal attacks
These are usually caused by discussions turning into serious arguments as mentioned above. Please think before posting anything that would be defined as this sort of attack. For example "Username is an idiot" Personal attacks, including those in personal forum messages or emails, are not welcome on these forums and will be dealt with firmly. As the moderators do not have access to personal forum messages or emails any action would only be in response to a specific complaint by the recipient.

Nice to see that, as usual, this forum is as friendly and welcoming as ever, always ready to show maturity and patience with all people, and that, moreover, the moderators are ever ready to ensure that no such postings which break the above rules can remain on this forum.  PN Forum: Where past discussions on behaviour of members are always remembered.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

The Plusnet fanboys should refer to the forum rules before calling someone an idiot!
"Personal attacks
These are usually caused by discussions turning into serious arguments as mentioned above. Please think before posting anything that would be defined as this sort of attack. For example "Username is an idiot" Personal attacks, including those in personal forum messages or emails, are not welcome on these forums and will be dealt with firmly. As the moderators do not have access to personal forum messages or emails any action would only be in response to a specific complaint by the recipient."
Why haven't such posters been "dealt with firmly". Oh, hang on, the moderators are part of the clique.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: purleigh
+1   Grin

I agree!! ++1
@fedupcustomer
Listen to other people for once!
I am with BT after leaving PN due to price increase.  Plusnet is the greatest ISP I have ever had. No problems at all apart from house move but that was an openreach problem and plusnet was the middle men.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This is obviously going nowhere so it is locked