cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent internet dropouts.

Lymony
Hooked

Persistent internet dropouts.

Also have issue with internet persistently dropping out, this has been going on for months.  Plusnet sent us a new router but no difference.  Engineer booked through PN called on Monday and confirmed all wiring OK (after doing some work) but internet still dropping out with light on router flashing more often than constantly on.  I rang PN about an hour after engineer left to report problem not resolved, was told to plus into test socket (we don’t have one and engineer advised not necessary and all wiring was OK.  PN said would do more checks and contact me, so far nothing further heard and still have no reliable internet- at a loss as to what to do next.  My mother is 90 years old and relies on internet to email her friends.  Appalling situation. 

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) changed topic title

12 REPLIES 12
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Persistent internet dropouts.

Moderators Note.
Split post into its own topic for better visibility
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Lymony
Hooked

The pc is using wifi, I have also tried connecting a relatives laptop using a wired connection. The internet light on the router flashes almost constantly with occasional periods of a few minutes when the light is on and we have internet. A
Have tried holding a tablet right next to the router but still no internet. As the internet light on router should be on constantly but is not surely that must be the problem, as there is nothing else that can be causing this within the house where there is only one pic and a rarely used tablet which are not networked together.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I can see from looking at your account that we've been looking into a line fault for you as per ticket  172887776 are you still noticing an issue with the line?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lymony
Hooked

The phone line seems to be ok since the Outreach engineer being owed through PN called on Monday, internet issue has not been resolved.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for confirming that and I'm sorry to see there's still an issue specific to broadband. 

Can I just make sure you're tried following the checks here please? https://goo.gl/hcHRDv

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Lymony
Hooked

An Outreach engineer booked through you called on Monday and fully checked the phone and line, he carried out some work at the e change and checked all was working fine with the phone before he left which I believe included all those listed here.  The problem with the internet dropping out and light constantly flashing on the router existed before the engineer called and still existed when he left as I pointed out to him at the time.  We have made NO changes to the wiring, plugging in of phone or anything else connected to the wiring since your engineer left.  We have only one phone socket in the house. We just want out internet to work.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear that.

We'll update you when we know more.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Lymony
Hooked

I was told on Monday that I would be contacted by phone in a day or two when more testshadbeen carried out, no phone call and it is now a Friday.  This situation is completely unacceptable, we are no getting the service we are paying for.

Lymony
Hooked

The Outreach engineers have been this afternoon and confirm phone is working fine, we once again still have NO INTERNET, what are you doing about it?
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Lymony, sorry to hear issues still persist. Being phone is now working as should be I feel at this point we are best progression onto a broadband fault as opposed to phone especially given it's the connection you're noticing the issues with from here. This will mean if we need to send another engineer out (which will more than likely be the case) they will be making sure the connection is up and running and staying in sync before determining the problem is clear unlike a phone engineer.

The connection from this side is definitely looking  worrisome given the lack of solid connection we are seeing:

image15258587334476

I've updated your fault accordingly and just before progressing forwards I'd recommend one further check your side if it hasn't been done already which would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Let us know how the connection looks in that set-up and if the lack of connection is still happening we can progress the fault forwards to get a broadband engineer out.

Lymony
Hooked

Thank you for your response, the test you suggest has been carried out by both us and your engineers many times  over the past few weeks including yesterday by the engineer.  As this test has produced no results it is reasonable to conclude this is NOT the problem but rather it lies in broadband wiring external to the house.  Please progress this to a broadband fault immediately (which should have happened last week when the internet still did not work following the first visit by an engineer).  Given that this problem was first reported in February I expect Plusnet to treat this as a matter of urgency.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Lymony

I can confirm that this has been as raised a broadband fault on the ticket number posted above.

We'll be in touch via that ticket as soon as we have updates to share.

Best wishes,

Dave