cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak time usage

Santiago
Grafter

Peak time usage

I just got a 17 gb warning that my speed will be restricted until the end of my current billing period (10.11.07) = 2 days
I am paying for 20 gb at (up to) 8mb speed so  I believe my contract with Force 9, or whatever they call themselves now, is not being met.
I believe I am entitled to 20 gb at up to 8mb (actual 2.5mb) which is what I pay for.
I have been trying to to think of another example of who I pay money to that moves the goalposts to suit themselves at every opportunity....no I can't think of any one else just Force 9
When I do not exceed limits I am not given a discount, refund or told what a nice chap for not taking everything he is paying us for.
It is all one way way in favour of Force 9 / Plus net whatever...who is my supplier any way...
l look forward to the usual slick, patronising plusnet responses
cp:red Swear word filter avoidance removed please take a look at the link:rules mod:end

8 REPLIES 8
Mand
Grafter

Re: Peak time usage

Hi there,
This page explains how the broadband Premier product works but basically you have progressive management from 13GB upwards, until you reach the 20GB mark.
I can appreciate why customers don't agree with this type of management, but not why it becomes such an issue now? The changes were made a long time ago and have been widely discussed in the old portal forums and here.
What's more, you can now move to one of the new Broadband Your Way products, which are managed differently. On BBYW you do not get managed until you hit the full allowance of your product, which sounds to me like what you're after?
On a slightly different note, there are no broadband suppliers as far as I am aware who give you a discount for not using your allowance.
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
On a slightly different note, there are no broadband suppliers as far as I am aware who give you a discount for not using your allowance.

May be a development / marketing opportunity then?
pcoventry76
Grafter

It still costs PlusNet to provide the bandwidth irrespective of whether or not it gets used.
James
Grafter

Hi Spider,
We actually base our capacity planning on the usage allowances on each of our product and the number of customers we have on each product.  I imagine that most ISPs base their capacity planning on similar criteria.  Because of that we wouldn't be able to give discounts based on customers not using their full allowances, as we have already made the payments for the amount of capacity that we have.
Of course of you are regularly using less than your allowance, it may well be an idea to have a look at downgrading your product to a more suitable one although I do fully appreciate that usage patterns can vary from month to month.
pcoventry76
Grafter

They do. and in some cases it could still work out cheaper for a reduced monthly base cost and a few extra GB's bolted on.
Santiago
Grafter

chillypenguin, I apologise.
Mand
Thanks for your reply
I knew how my product worked when I made the post last night.
It has not just become an issue with me, this has always bothered me and I have complained before via tickets that were not very well handled.
The reason I raise this now is because it is affecting me now.
I do not want to move to one of the new packages. I would like to get what I thought I was buying when I took out my current product.
We actually base our capacity planning on the usage allowances on each of our product and the number of customers we have on each product.

Jameseh, This is an interesting comment, so in my case do you plan for me to have 20gb per month at up to 8 mb?
I would presume that your pricing to me at £21.99 is also based on the same criteria?
So you plan for me on 100% service for 100% price. Seems fair and equal
So how does the plan work that when I get to 65% of the service my speed is restricted but have paid 100% of the money?
I am not out to save a couple of quid here by jumping from product to product and buying gb here and there.
I just don't understand the principle on this.
pcoventry76
Grafter

Well i do use over 1000 sms a month and my full 800 mins calls -
and my full BB usage allowance
pcoventry76
Grafter

I hope not mate i pay over £50 a month for my tariff so i'd like to think i support myself there