cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak time leading to 1000ms+ ping and moderate download speeds

Fletcher
Dabbler

Re: Peak time leading to 1000ms+ ping and moderate download speeds

Oops seems so, yeah, I'll likely phone them up and ask for that to be cancelled and my connection given Max Premium.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi there.
I've removed the pro-add on for your account for you and placed the order for max premium which will complete Monday.
Your fault has gone through to our Faults team and they'll be in touch as soon as possible.
If you have any further issues please let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Fletcher
Dabbler

Quote from: Matthew
Hi there.
I've removed the pro-add on for your account for you and placed the order for max premium which will complete Monday.
Your fault has gone through to our Faults team and they'll be in touch as soon as possible.
If you have any further issues please let us know.

Oh brilliant, thanks, for reference would I be charged?  I think I read I would be if I cancelled within a set amount of time. 
At the moment my connection has dropped to very slow speeds and worse ping now, no matter what the time is.
I have decided to buy a new router and microfilter just in case, but it shall not arrive until Monday at best.  This is the router I've purchased:
http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/networking/wirelessnetworking/wirelessrouters/adslroutersbtline/d...
NETGEAR DGN2200 300Mbps Wireless-N ADSL2+ Modem Router.  It's about time I upgraded the router anyway I suppose, mine was very old and now I got wireless.
Fletcher
Dabbler

The connection has improved my end, though I'm still holding my breath.  No real major ping issues last day or two.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post the modem speeds and error status information from your new DGN2200 ?
It would be interesting to see what it is now, and then again after the upgrade to "Max Premium" which should happen in the early hours of tomorrow morning.
Fletcher
Dabbler

Ok here are the current speeds, at the moment I don't think Max Premium is in effect, its not on my Add-Ons page anyway.

Can someone give me an answer regarding the fault report system?  I have not had a reply since I posted it before the weekend, although the messages on there don't look promising.
dick:quote
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Fletcher
I don't think Max Premium is in effect, its not on my Add-Ons page anyway

Your 'Max Premium" is definitely enabled as those BT test results show that your upstream sync has changed from 448Kb to 832Kb, and your speed test is uploading at 0.68Mb which is what I would expect.
Anonymous
Not applicable

As your new download sync speed is 7648Kbps, I would advise leaving your router switched on and don't try any restarts.
After a few days of line stability, then the BT system may increase your line IP profile to 6.5Mb (from 6.0Mb), and your Plusnet "Current Line Speed" should follow, after which your speedtester download results will be up to the new Plusnet line speed.
Currently everything looks much better than when you started this topic, although these results are not during 'peak-hours' !
Wink
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear things seem to have improved.
As Purleigh has stated max premium has taken affect as your upload speeds have increased.
You shouldn't be charged for having the pro add-on from what I can see but on the off-chance that you do we'd refund it.
With regards to the troubleshooter that has gone through to our Faults team. The error is because somebody will have left the line tests open on our suppliers systems (probably me!) but it will still get picked up.
If your having any further issues please let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Fletcher
Dabbler

I think I can say that my internet problems have been resolved.

For reference, will I be getting an e-mail about the new overall cost of my broadband now?  I had an e-mail regarding the Pro Add-on, but not the Max Premium, nor did I get a notification of termination of the Pro Add-on.
Thank you guys for the help, I'm just glad everything is working as intended again.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to see every-thing's working for you.
You won't have received any e-mails because adding the max premium is a manual process.
I'll drop a ticket on your account explaining the costs for you now.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Fletcher
Dabbler

Unfortunately the problems appear to be returning, not as hard hitting as before, but the ping will settle at a minimum of 250ms up to 400ms, it will peak at 900ms now and again.  Download speeds don't appear to be affected however.  I can't game, but I can still watch videos at least.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I suggest that you take a look at the ThinkBroadband Broadband Quality Monitor and consider setting up a monitor on your connection, as the resulting latency graph may reveal a pattern which may help diagnose your issue, or could be used as evidence in any future support ticket.
Ideally for long term monitoring you should have a static Plusnet IP address (one time charge of £5), but in the short term you could set up a monitor just to see whether it shows anything unusual, and updating the monitor address if your connection drops causing your dynamic address to change.
To get an idea of what some other Plusnet customer's ping graphs look like, there are some here - Plusnet - ping graphs