cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak/ Off peak hours

shakuk

Peak/ Off peak hours

Hi,
I know that the off-peak hours are 12am to 8am, but I seem to have noticed that the usage is counted unless you reboot Internet Explorer?
I was waiting until till midnight to stream a video off a website, approx 70MB in size, and started about 12.05am, just to be on the safe side. However, the next day, when I checked my usage, it said that I had used 10MB free usage and 80MB paid for usage 😮 (obviously I had be browsing as well)
Last night, at 12.05, I rebooted IE and streamed another video. This time, it ahs come up with the 70MB in the free usage.
Has anyone else noticed this or am I making things up? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Peak/ Off peak hours

I've never had to restart anything for the midnight peak/off-peak change-over to take effect. In fact PlusNet's systems should discard the period between samples which span midnight to avoid transfers after midnight being apportioned into peak time.
David
shakuk

"...discard the period between samples which span midnight..."
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by that?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

An example is the easiest way to show what this means.
If the current usage is read at 23:57 reading X say, then at 00:04 reading X+3MB, the usage in that interval is 3MB. However that could have been used before midnight, after midnight or over the whole interval. To avoid even part of that 3MB being incorrectly assigned I believe PlusNet discard/ignore all of it.
David
shakuk

Oh I see... thanls for the explanation it seems a bit obvious now Cheesy
I think I will restart IE if remember just in case anyway! Thanks.