Uptime is very good, router is never turned off
Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
WAN PPPoE 3279386 4699565 0 1058 3742 98:46:38
LAN 10M/100M 7098159 5413113 0 4919 956 215:57:13
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 8128 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 21 db 5.5 db
Noise Margin 13 db 28 db
Don't pay BT for line rent, nor sky nor TT, I am with the worlds largest company,  Rep for them..
From the very bad photo, sorry did not have time to get a good-un
The demarcation point is right behind the computer with the filter plugged in the test socket, with the only phone that now works is in the computer cupboard  which was moved there on Wednesday past, used to be on the wall but keep getting the wires kicked, caught
IMHO, speed gets deliberately throttled" if not by BT, I would guess it would not be in Plusnets advantage to "deliberately throttled" unless there is heavy demand? then what else
Remember 6 weeks ago I was getting good speed etc,  just before this collapse of speed, I watched Doctor Who on iplayer and son was on xbox with my grandson playing live-on, on-live shoot-them-up game
As for being mistreated Mr ReedRichards, no, I have misled or some-one has misplaced a lot of speed I use to have
Dave
DaveMcC
Grafter

Re: Paying for some thing that I no longer get

Forgot to include photo
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: DaveMcC
Don't pay BT for line rent, nor sky nor TT, I am with the worlds largest company,  Rep for them..

Does that mean you are with Exxon?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pierre_pierre
Grafter

according to my info your exchange has TT LLU and also might have fibre
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

If everything at your end OK, and I can see you are in the test socket, then I would raise a slow speed ticket, and specifically ask plusnet to get BT  to check the VP you  are on.  This could very well be exchange congestion. Have you checked your exchange online? 
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
DaveMcC
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
according to my info your exchange has TT LLU and also might have fibre

Yes but LLU only with talktalk, "I think" as rest where not available
DaveMcC
Grafter

Quote from: A

Does that mean you are with Exxon?

If I knew how to send you a priate message I would tell you
Don;t ad for free
DaveMcC
Grafter

Quote from: penfold
If everything at your end OK, and I can see you are in the test socket, then I would raise a slow speed ticket, and specifically ask plusnet to get BT  to check the VP you  are on.  This could very well be exchange congestion. Have you checked your exchange online? 
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

Exchange Status Checker
Results: Kilkeel

Code: NIKI
County: Northern Ireland
Enabled: 29 Apr 2004
Market: 2
green Virtual paths: Green
There are currently no known capacity problems on your exchange. There may still be an exchange problem, however BT are not currently reporting that they are aware of it. Please contact Support if you are having speed problems, who can advise further.
Record last updated: 01 Jul 11
Historical information for this exchange:
Status Date
green 17 Jun 11
green 27 May 11
green 21 May 11
green 13 May 11
green 11 May 11
Please note: This checker is not a generic fault tracker. It is updated weekly when updates are available and reflects a snapshot of speed capacity from each exchange. Results shown here should not lead you to conclusive proof of an issue.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

.... I have [been] misled or some-one has misplaced a lot of speed I use to have

Plusnet do classify traffic according to type and apply throttles to some types of traffic at some times of day but:

• They are entirely up-front about this

• AFAIK they have not made any changes, so the speed you had before should be the speed you have now on that score.

So unless you can be a bit more explicit about being misled I think your problem must be that of "misplaced speed".  And the person who misplaced it could be you, albeit unwittingly.
Given that you want to steer clear of TalkTalk (and I don't blame you) then there is nothing to suggest you could do any better with another ISP so you might as well see if Plusnet can help you get your speed problem rectified.  Since you live so close to the exchange that you should not suffer from some of the possible technical issues that might blight your speed then "exchange contention" was identified as a probable cause but your last post seems to have scotched that theory.
I once encountered a computer with a power supply unit that gave out so much electrical noise that it caused the router to lose sync, despite the fact that the router was at the other end of the house and connected wirelessly to the computer.  So I'm still inclined to believe that your problem could be noise/interference on the line which, for some reason, wasn't there when your router established a connection.   
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If I knew how to send you a priate message I would tell you

It's the below his avatar on any of his posts. (Or use this link)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DaveMcC
Grafter

Oh look, its getting faster again
Mon 11am 4 July
Download speedachieved during the test was - 5515 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

That's faster than any result you recorded previously, but still a bit short of what your IP Profile would lead you to hope for.  Does streaming BBC iPlayer content now work okay? 
DaveMcC
Grafter

Quote from: ReedRichards

That's faster than any result you recorded previously, but still a bit short of what your IP Profile would lead you to hope for.  Does streaming BBC iPlayer content now work okay?   

Don't know, the program that I DID WANT TO WATCH is now off it..,, besides the power line adapter is now hooked to a lap top
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: ReedRichards
Quote from: WWWombat
@ReedRichards - the SNRM figure looks higher than expected, but not because of noise causing a high target value. Instead it is because the OP is close to the exchange, with an attenuation figure of 21dB.

WWWombat, I didn't comment on the SNR figure; my comments addressed the fact that the speed test results were always way short of the IP Profile.  The only physical means I can see by which this can come about is if there is a lot of packet loss so data often has to be resent before it gets through but this is not constant or bad enough to stop the router syncing at normal speed.  Of course, there are a number of reasons why the test result might be unreliable and a number of means by which the traffic could be being throttled (such as "exchange congestion") but is it not possible for a broadband connection to be "stable" yet bad?   

Hmmm. I read the same figures in a very different way... If the speed reductions were caused by many retries on the ADSL portion of the link, then I figure that DLM would have cut in somewhere - and turned interleaving off, and reduced the sync speed (by increasing the target SNR). But the sync speed stays resolutely at 8128 - meaning that DLM has taken no action whatsoever over the time period.
DaveMcC has since confirmed that he has a very stable link: 98 hours of uptime.
This really doesn't look like a noise/interference problem to me. The more I read, the more it looks like exchange congestion...
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
WWWombat
Grafter

IMHO, speed gets deliberately throttled" if not by BT, I would guess it would not be in Plusnets advantage to "deliberately throttled" unless there is heavy demand? then what else
Remember 6 weeks ago I was getting good speed etc,  just before this collapse of speed, I watched Doctor Who on iplayer and son was on xbox with my grandson playing live-on, on-live shoot-them-up game
As for being mistreated Mr ReedRichards, no, I have misled or some-one has misplaced a lot of speed I use to have

You might be being "throttled" merely by having to share too much capacity somewhere - and it could be in the exchange, or the backhaul back to the BT core network (all BT's fault), or on the pipe from BT into Plusnet, or within Plusnet's core network. No one has designed this in "deliberately", but it is no accident either - it needs some additional capacity adding somewhere.
But if the problem were in Plusnet, then wouldn't you expect to see other users complaining? The results you show do indeed look like congestion at the exchange - and pretty bad at that!
Until a month ago, we were on ADSL 20CN, syncing at 8128, with an IP profile of 7150, on the Extra package. We'd get regular results from Speedtest.net of 6200-6500 Kbps at pretty much any time of day; we also ran another test that gave a very consistent 6.1Mbps payload speed (ie after the IP overhead has been removed). We had a slightly longer line (attenuation of 30dB), but it was extremely stable. The results there are what you should be able to get, save for a possible difference between Value and Extra. But on plain download speeds, you shouldn't see any difference.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.