cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathetic speeds and IP Profile drastically reduced!

furrymunkey
Grafter

Pathetic speeds and IP Profile drastically reduced!

Does anyone at Plusnet even answer their customers nowadays??. I have relied already to my support ticket and still nothing is done ano no contact either. You're quick enough taking money so you should be just as quick resolving problems.
bt speedtester:
Download speed achieved during the test was - 2307 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps
I have changed microfilters, swapped over routers and YES it's in the test socket. My end doesn't cause my IP profile to be slashed right down. I had touched nothing and the speed has been pathetic for ages now and nothing is getting done about it. Are fibre optic customers getting priority now or something?Huh
24 REPLIES 24
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Pathetic speeds and IP Profile drastically reduced!

Hi furrymunkey,
I'll look into that now for you. I can assure you no-one is given unfair priority.
Jojo Smiley
furrymunkey
Grafter

thanks. The support team are certainly not doing anything because my ticket is going totally unanswered.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
It seems that two different systems are reporting different speeds. I've been onto our suppliers and they've said they have applied the change to that, so you should see the speed increase within the next 2 hours.
Jojo Smiley
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

I have exactly the same mismatch & have done for weeks. Nobody at plusnet seems capable of fixing it. It seems to be a very common problem. Forget hoping it will be fixed within 2 hours as it simply will not be corrected.
furrymunkey
Grafter

I will wait and see if there is any change but to be honest I doubt it. Just for the record....my support ticket is still going unanswered and plusnet plug their broadband by saying what great support they have...NOT!!
I appreciate your help but it's sad when someone has to come onto the forums to get help.
I will do a speedtest in about an hour and post the results.
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

I have to agree completely. Unless you post on here fault tickets are completely ignored. A very poor level of cutomer service. I will be amazed if your speed improves. I have had this problem since the beginning of June. Quite simply nobody at plusnet is capable of fixing it.
furrymunkey
Grafter

Over 2 hours after the supposed change was made and surprise surprise......
Download speedachieved during the test was - 2307 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

I told you! The change simply wont happen as plusnet faults team are unable to fix it. My plusnet profile is 9Mb but BT speedtest always shows me at 6Mb. I have been given so many false promises now over the last 5 weeks I know what that faults team is capable of - and trust me it isn't a great deal. They will leave a ticket unanswered for 6 or 7 days. Then when you post on the forum they are persuaded to do something.
Then you find what they have done has helped as much as a chocolate tea pot. To put it simply they are only capable of fixing the most basic of problems. Anything like this and they are completely out of their depth. And I really cant imagine the consistency problem many of us are now facing can be considered rocket science to correct.
But clearly it is beyond the capabilities of the plusnet faults team.

cornwallsurfer
Grafter

If you look at my ticket on this forum under feedback you will see we share exactly the same problems. As does clwveats under the Broadband and Routers forum. As  I am sure numerous other plusnet customers many of whom will not even be aware of this issue!
furrymunkey
Grafter

Ok maybe I'm thick ( which I'm not ) but I got a response from support saying my service is running normally now. Here is part of the readings...
Policy ID: NULL
Profile Rate: 2500
Test File Size: 8924554
File Transfer Average Throughput/Session: 2307.183349609375
Now unless my eyesight or reading skills are poor, is there not a wee bit there that states Profile Rate 2500?Huh
Come on support, your own figures show my IP profile is pathetic so how can you say I'm normal speeds now when my IP profile is normally a lot lot higher that that?Huh
How can service be normal with a 2500 IP profile on an 8100 line?Huh

I'm sorry Plusnet...you can fob me off as much as you want but I'm going nowhere till this problem is fixed!!!!!
furrymunkey
Grafter

I see what you mean cornwallsurfer and it would be nice to know if anyone ever gets this problem fixed.
Personally I think it never will
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

Plusnets faults don't know what they are talking about. I have obtained the Directors home addresses from Companies House and now intend to write to them at home so they can have a full breakdown of how their customers are being treated by their faults team.
Clearly nobody in authority in faults is capable of ensuring customers problems are corrected in a timely manner.
Now I beleive it is only fair the Plusnet Directors are fully aware of the riduculous way their customers are being treated.
furrymunkey
Grafter

Personally I think you are wasting your ink and envelope. The directors already know exactly what is going on. There slow speeds and faults are not by chance...they are by design.
cornwallsurfer
Grafter

You are more than probably right on that one. However on the off chance the Directors are being kept in the dark i feel I have nothing to lose.