cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathetic Fibre speeds better on normal broadband or another company

quitescary
Dabbler

Pathetic Fibre speeds better on normal broadband or another company

I've become so disappointed with this company it's unreal , my speed should be up to 36mos but I've got at occasions 33mps which I'm very happy with but 95% of the time it's 4-8mps absolute shite !!! I've put a ticket into customer help still no reply 48 hrs later ? I've read all the other posts regarding speeds and it's the same BS replies from plusnet , basically they blame hissing , or bt , or your house, or the moon position , color of your socks Huh
I've done the following
Master socket check
Bt wholesale speed and line Check
Plugged direct into modem
Disconnect all other phone devices ,
Reset router
There's no hissing cracking or pops
No drop outs when incoming or outgoing calls
The fault is either the router /modem
Or it's the package from yourselves
I feel the product I'm purchasing and your supposed to be providing is legally unfit for purpose ! I will be cancelling all payments to yourselves unless this issue is rectified within 48 hrs
STOP LETTING YOUR CUSTOMERS DOWN ! I was with Madasafish for over 16 yrs before the push onto yourselves and I'm very disappointed with the move and wish I was still with Madasafish
9 REPLIES 9
euanmc
Grafter

Re: Pathetic Fibre speeds better on normal broadband or another company

Personally I've never had a problem with Plusnet up until about a week ago, Fiber has just been touch and go for me.  Every night from 8pm till about 1am my speed goes from 46mb to 2mb~ 
In regards to equipment, if its a persistant problem for you with the speeds being so low, try a friends router.  My sister was with plusnet for adsl2+ and every 6months or so, their router would literally just pack in.
Had to get 2-3 replacements. So best thing to do is outrule the router (its kinda hard with Fiber  as i wouldnt even know where to begin to tell you which to use.)
Is the support ticket you made a Fault report or just a normal ticket?  Judging by fault reports it does take about 2~days for a reply (thats what i waited for and that was with a bump from someone on the forums)
quitescary
Dabbler

Thanks, yeah it's very erratic with speed because I'm out thru day and sometimes evening I can't check but the 8 -1am seems to fit the profile , are they chocking our speed ? As this is against their product policy for fibre unlimited where I can as much whenever , and before they. Use the fair usage policy I'm not using it hardly so they ain't got not legal stand point  as in ramming my speed yo 4 mps
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The fault is either the router /modem
Or it's the package from yourselves

Unfortunately there's a fair bit more that it could be, including the line, the cabinet, the exchange.
and before they. Use the fair usage policy

We don't have a fair usage policy on Unlimited, if we did we couldn't sell it as Unlimited.
I understand you're frustrated but we're not doing anything to deliberately slow you down, why would we do that?
From reading the posts on here, and the ticket it sounds like a fault somewhere along the line or possibly at the exchange. We'll get our faults guys to pick it up and see what's going on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've just taken a look over the line and I can see that the connection rate between your Openreach Modem and your Fibre Cabinet is:
34.1 Mbps on the downstream
6.0 Mbps on the upstream
The speedtests that you did directly connected into the modem, is that when you're seeing 4-8Mb?
quitescary
Dabbler

Yes I've been getting the same results direct Ethernet connection and wifi test with an expected +\- fluctuation  as I've requested as per ticket a new wifi router and this doesn't rectify the fault an engineer from bt to clarify if the fault is you or them ,
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Your not the only one having issues with plusnet fiber they seem to think that a 1Mbps speed is acceptable for a 71Mbps line plusnet are starting to become a joke.
quitescary
Dabbler

I love the way on every thread of complaints of speed they always seem to say the fault is with the customer or bt but nothing to do with them ? How come so many complain about the same issue ?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

As Chris has mentioned previously. There are numerous external points of failure when it comes to broadband and/or fibre faults.
As I've said in two other threads, your Fault Ticket will be looked at and responded to shortly.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: quitescary
...omplaints of speed they always seem to say the fault is with the customer or bt but nothing to do with them ?
How come so many complain about the same issue ?

Because invariably...
1 The fault is with the customer's internal wiring, especially with ADSL
Or
2. The fault is with the D-Side cable between the house and the street cabinet / the fiber card or E-Side cable / exchange equipment / BT back bone network
Not until the connection touches PN equipment could a SYNCH speed fault be a PN caused issue.  That is why the issues are predominantly found in the BTOR owned infrastructure which is shared by nearly all ISPs.  As ever, many people are not overly comfortable with the truth, they simply want someone to blame.  The bottom line is that in many areas (especially rural ones) the D-Side cables are in a poor state of repair.
Just to be clear, an issue with DATA speed could readily be a "problem" with PN's sstems if (for whatever reason) the IP profile is different to that set by BT.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.