Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part of a secret Plusnet trial!!

centralsimon
Grafter

Re: Part of a secret Plusnet trial!!

Quote from: davidj60
@centralsimon - just a question to satisfy my curiosity - how do your kids download 160GB per month on a 1Mb connection?? I worked out that comes to ~ 15 days continuous at full rate d/l ,which I can't believe you achieve?

Did I say 160GB. They use on average 60Gb. However over the summer hols/ Christmas Hols this can nudge 80Gb. Currently 40% internet, 47% streaming, 10% online gaming.
Online gaming, viewing Youtube, streaming, uploading to Youtube, downloads to Ipad/ Ipod/ Iphone,
Presently over half term, 2-3Gb per day is being used between the 3 laptops.
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: centralsimon
Please can you advise exactly when this will be resolved. I presume nothing will be done over the weekend. . Although I appreciate the updates the lack of progress is staggering.

I had great problems when i first ordered fibre... the cause being something stuck within BT's ordering system (I assume BT wholesale, but it could have been Openreach). Nothing could be ordered, and nothing could be cancelled. It got assigned a "bridge case" - which i think means someone gets assigned to try to clear the database in their system... No good. It got escalated within Plusnet and within BT several times, but still no good.
In the end, after 2 months of struggle, and more than 1 missed appointment, BT suggested that we should order the broadband to be disconnected entirely, and then (even though I'd said NO to that) went ahead and killed it entirely. It then took 2 days to get a working fibre connection.
It was good having PN staff dealing with all of the problems, but there are times when BT's processes can be something of a lumbering woolly mammoth.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I had a similar problem last summer when I tried to order BT Infinity, I have been with PlusNet for years but I thought Infinity offered more (10Mb up, unlimited useage) at a similar price to PlusNet Extra Fibre.  BT retail were completely unable to process the order and kept giving various excuses, I had made so many calls that I knew my MAC without having to read it as they asked for that (and everything else) most times that I called.  Eventually I gave up and signed for PlusNet Fibre, this was not entirely smooth but they did finally get it going and the actual appointment and install went very smoothly in late September.  I got the impression that PlusNet were more focused on resolving the problem than BT Retail.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
centralsimon
Grafter

Well I took the plunge and decided to remain with PN and order the FTTC through them. Simply because the support offered by PN is far superior to BT (had problems with BT before).
Bit annoyed that I end up paying more to change to FTTC than moving over to BT. - plus the 120Gb limit is plainly not the way forward. However I am gambling on the fact that PN must move with the market.
Spent £30 to remain with PN against saving £65 with moving to BT - but hopefully the kids will appreciate the massive increase in speed.
Thanks for the help and experiences shared by others.
centralsimon
Grafter

But of course the same fault now means that the confirmation from PN says:
There's been a problem with processing your broadband order.

Once we've got more details, we'll deal with this and contact you if we need to.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi centralsimon,
I'm confident I can get the order cleared on Monday and we can get things moving. Thank you very much for your patience.
Jojo Smiley
centralsimon
Grafter

Jojo. It is purely down to you (and no doubt your colleagues efforts ) that I placed my order for fttc back with PN. I have an install date of 29/2 and would greatly appreciate if this is maintained.
prichardson
Grafter

Hi Simon,
I have been working on this order with Jojo in relation to the specifics of obtaining your MAC.
The order that you have placed has been rejected for the same technical reasons that we cannot produce a MAC for you, so at this minute in time, the FTTC order and appointment is not going ahead.
Our systems allowed you to place an order, as they have no concept of the stuck order. Our systems and our suppliers are independent and whilst they do co-exist and supply information to each other, they are not integrated to a point that would prevent this from happening.
From a technical point of view and something we are required to tell you under the rules of migration, we cannot produce a MAC for the following reason(s).
As informed towards the beginning of the thread, your line is being moved to our 21CN network and an order exists for this to complete. Whilst any order is in-flight, we cannot generate a MAC and the order must be cancelled first. Unfortunately this is not possible in the case of your order as it has passed the PONR.
When an order is placed, we can perform certain activities on it. The obvious one is cancelling an order, or in the case of a migration to us, we can change the date it is due to complete. There is however a point called the PONR (Point Of No Return) that we cannot make any further changes and the order case only complete beyond that point.
As noted, your order reached this point of no return. It did this within 60 seconds of us placing the order, which is not the correct time for this to happen. As a result, when Jojo correctly attempted to cancel the order, it failed (incorrectly we add) as it thinks it has passed the point of no return.
Myself and Jojo have been attempting to correct this for you. Jojo requested that the order was stopped, but they instead corrected the orders status (which was sat in an invalid one) back to in-progress. Further contact has been made and were informed this would be stopped. At this point, Jojo will need to comment on what if anything further was done from her perspective.
We have however reached the 5 working day rule on MAC generation and will be escalating on this point alone.
We will let you know more as we have it.
prichardson
Grafter

We have at last been able to get this fully cancelled off. It's showing as such in our suppliers main system and we are just waiting for that to reach all the other related systems (takes around 1 to 2 hours)
At that time, we can either generate a MAC or place the FTTC order for you.
centralsimon
Grafter

Thanks. I seriously appreciate the assistance given. Can you just advise on what I need to do regarding the FTTC order via PN. Has it been cancelled as it was rejected ( and the charge refunded ) or will the order now go through automatically? I received a response that the order has been processed.
prichardson
Grafter

The FTTC order itself has been referred for manual intervention as the automatic process failed (the stuck order essentially meant there was a duplicate blocking its way).
Our system has accepted your request though and we will be in touch once we have managed to place the order itself.
At this moment, there is a chance we will still be able to get the appointment for the 29th, however this will depend on the line reflecting clear.
centralsimon
Grafter

Cheers. I will await a reply on my ticket.
prichardson
Grafter

Just to update you.
The order itself was closed off and we have attempted to place the FTTC order. Unfortunately the order has not reached all of our suppliers systems, and it is recognising a duplicate order as we attempt to proceed manually.
I am currently in contact with our suppliers, but the response I am getting at this moment is less than acceptable. Whilst they recognise what is being said, they are looking to raise a case in a direction that I don't feel suitable (i.e. it will only add further delays).
I am hoping an order is placed before lunch, but this will depend on the source of the more recent issue. I will get back to you as I have more.
prichardson
Grafter

As per the call, the line has finally managed to mark itself as clear.
We have organised the appointment and even managed to bring it forward of the original 29th you requested.
centralsimon
Grafter

......28th  ;). Thank you for your efforts.  Tbh I was getting a tad annoyed with the whole delay but it is the service PN provide that kept me from migrating. I just hope the 120gb download doesn't become a problem.
Thanks again