cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panasonic DMR-PWT420 does not connect to internet via router TG582n and BT cable

seang

Re: Panasonic DMR-PWT420 does not connect to internet via router TG582n and BT cable

And another success. Many thanks.
This was with a Panasonic DMR PWT530 which also failed to assign IP and DNS automatically. The settings suggested by MisterW worked first time. Thanks again, Sean
HollyRise

Re: Panasonic DMR-PWT420 does not connect to internet via router TG582n and BT cable

Chalk another up to MisterW's sound avice - Thanks very much  Grin
zonerush

Hi All.
I was having the same issue with my Panasonic DMP-BDT120 DVD player. It would not take the settings from the router and I had no internet connection.
I entered the settings from MisterW and hey presto, I have Netflix again!
Thanks so much  Smiley
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

MisterW deserves an award & this thread & it should be pinned to the start of this particular forum. Another happy customer here, many thanks. Smiley
gandlconvery

I've had a similar problem with a Panasonic TX32 AS520B smart TV from Currys: the TV would connect to the router but not acquire an IP address (it had the default 168 etc IP address mentioned above, a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 instead of 255.255.255.0 and blank default gateway and DNS server addresses). Following advice from the retailer I reset the router and a usable address, mask, gateway and DNS address were acquired, but I had to go through the reset process after most shutdowns of the TV to get them back. I've now tried using the 'Custom' settings to set the acquired values manually and hope that this works permanently, but I'll just have to see if it fixes it.
MFM

I have the same prob with a Panasonic DMR-HW220, so changed to static IP as advised & thank you it worked that day. 
BUT when I tried to connect 24 hours later it failed to connect to the router, going into the Settings, network passed the first 2 checks but was advised to 'check router settings'!!
A totally non empathetic Plusnet customer (non) service rep  Angry in effect said that it was not their problem - despite the fact that my previous broadband supplier used exactly the same router model so the only thing that had changed was the substitution of a Plusnet router.
Clearly I hope that it is simply a matter of changing a setting on the Plusnet supplied router, possibly opening a port.
Can anyone advise how to change the router settings for a Panasonic HW220 please?Huh
Marc
ihabsaid74

Hello All,
I just wanted to say thank you.
I have a Panasonic BluRay player - DMP-BDT220
I had Talk Talk before and I connected the Ethernet to that router and it worked like a charm. Just received the Technicolor TG582n router and plugged in as usual and went to Easy Connect / wired and it was:
Home Network: Pass
Connection Check: Pass
Internet Connection: Fail
Gateway: Fail
I then went into Network settings and did the following:
Change Automatic IP to Manual and add the following:
IP Address: 192.168.001.063
Subnet: 255.255.255.000
Gateway: 192.168.001.254
DNS Primary: 208.067.222.222
DNS Secondary: 208.067.220.220
Ran the 'Connection Test' and the result was 'Pass'
I reran the Easy Network Set-up and it WORKED!  Grin
I just wanted to thank MisterW for the suggestions.
Kind Regards.
Befuddled

Hi. We bought a Panasonic TX40AS640B before Christmas and it worked ok for about 4 weeks. Now the Internet options do not work.  sometimes when I check the network status it says it is ok (but it still doesnt work) but other times it says IP address is not acquired.  We are wireless and we have tried the changes above to no avail.  When i tried it said that the gateway doesn't respond. this may be due to there only being one option for a DNA address, not a primary and secondary.
Has anyone any suggestions to someone who is not unintelligent but has limited connectivity skills!!!  By the way we have tried switching it off!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Befuddled,
Welcome to the forums.
Have.you tried the advice herein - that is assign a manual address in the Panasonic's network setup?
It would be interesting to know if a reboot of the router "cures" the problem.  This issue has similar hallmarks to problems I have seen with Vista platforms acquiring DHCP assigned IP addresses.  I have seen this problem go away for a few weeks after a reboot.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Befuddled

Hi Townman
sorry for delay in getting back to you, I have not have an earlier opportunity to reboot router.  When I finally did the weather beat me to it and we had a power cut. It all seems to be working perfectly now!!!
Thanks very much for your advice, greatly appreciated! 
yours 'less befuddled than before'! Smiley
matth1j
Dabbler

And me! Panasonic Home Theatre Bluray 2.1 thingy, refused to connect after changing from Sky to Plusnet yesterday, but now happy with MisterW's settings.
Cheers  Kiss
hchvmhchris

Have purchased a DMR-PWT635 yesterday and spent most of the afternoon trying to get a network connection - no luck
This morning I checked the forum and used MisterW's settings as given to geekedout. It worked straight away - Brilliant !!!!
Thank you again MisterW you have saved me a lot of heartache
hchvmhchris 
jv

Wow, this fixed my issues with my Panasonic Viera TV refusing to connect to the internet after having worked seamlessly for the last 4 yrs.  I had spent ages trying to googlefix it, but htis fix was quick once I had found your post.  As others say, how we are supposed to stumble upon this combo of IP/DNS/Gateway addresses is beyond me.  And why has the Auto function suddenly decided to stop working!