cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painfully Slow Broadband and Poor Phone Line

daviddefrates

Painfully Slow Broadband and Poor Phone Line

Hello,
I have been on Plusnet for over a year now, and have always had very slow broadband and a poor phone line. Most of the time it has been a slight inconvienence, but more recently it has been very annoying.
The broadband is normally running at around 1.02mbps (I am not a massive user, so mostly that speed is quick enough), and it regularly disconnects itself.
When it disconnects, you have to pick up the phone and listen to the dial tone for a while for it to reconnect itself to the internet.
The phone line is of very poor quality. It is constantly crackling, and people on the other end of the line have a very hard time hearing what I am saying as they say it is very quiet at their end (even though I am shouting at my end)
More recently, the phone line keep cutting off halfway through calls.
When you answer or make a phone call, the broadband disconnects and will not reconnect until the phone is no longer in use
I have put up with this for a long time now, and have had enough of being disconnected for no reason at all.
I don't know what I can do to improve these myself, so any help/guidance will be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Painfully Slow Broadband and Poor Phone Line

Report a phone fault to your phone service provider and don't mention broadband
x47c
Grafter

You need to report this as a phone fault to your phone provider.
There is no point discussing or bothering about BB performance until the phone voice problems are sorted.
When you report it do NOT mention broadband issues stick soley to the voice faults - otherwise if you do mention BB you will be passed back and fro between your phone provider and PN forever as each say the other should sort it out.
Once the voice faults are fixed then it is quite likely that the BB will get much better of its own accord - though it may need a line reset once the problems are no longer on the line.
daviddefrates

Ok, cheers for that.
Will do so Monday.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Why wait, if the line is noisy now, do it now.