cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page cannot be displayed

Doomraider

Page cannot be displayed

Help!
I've just joined Plusnet and cannot access the internet after spending an hour on the phone to tech support. I used to be with Sky and i've removed firewall and all applications that stop pop-ups.
Changed the settings as per the tech support team and in the end was told it is a hardware error but it was fine before i moved to Plusnet.
All the router lights are green and i have had confimed connection.
Anyone have any other idea's as i'm currently paying for broadband i cannot access!  Angry
8 REPLIES 8
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Page cannot be displayed

Are you connecting via a "wired" connection between the computer and the router?  ..... or using Wire less.....connection to router?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
Topic moved to raise it's profile.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Which router are you using
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Doomraider,
If you're still using the Sky router (are these still Netgear boxes?) it may be that the firmware is locked to sky, though I'm not sure whether that would stop you from entering your username and password or if the connection would fail as a result. What's the router reporting as regards the connection?
I believe if you update the firmware to a regular version (firmware should be available from the manufacturer's website) this should remove the issue, assuming that you have the sky Netgear router - apologies if not.
Are you seeing any error messages, and is the computer showing a successful connection to the router?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Welcome to the forums BTW Doomraider Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Doomraider

Thanks for your help and cheers Strat it's nice to be here. I am using the Thompson router supplied by Plusnet and the computer showing a successful connection to the router. It's a desktop pc not wireless and the BT line is not a new line but a new connection as i only moved in recently.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I can see connections from yesterday but not today.
Does your router control panel state that you're connected?
Doomraider

Hi Mand, yes it says i'm connected (although i'm not on the pc currently as i'm at work)
I'm looking forward to telling people about Plusnet as i feel these bigger broadband companies are pulling in a high percentage of custom yet not giving the customer service/tech support/.
Any help would be appreciated.