cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet Loss?

sherwood
Hooked

Re: Packet Loss?

Aye, all they've done on mine is a belated line-test, at lunchtime today!

Evaluated as A+, surprise surprise.

I've agreed that they can close my "fault", as the horse appears to have already bolted, but I did make it clear that, as they seem to have no idea of what the issue (or at least won't make it public), I shall be quick(er) to open another one next time.

3 days of reasonable service now, after 3 weeks of steady, intermittent, degradation.

Arcanum
Grafter

Glad you're working too.  It's frustrating that the problem wasn't acknowledged - a bit better communication would have helped.  Oh and an answer within 45 mins!

sherwood
Hooked

...well, just to confirm, a week or so on, my problems have disappeared (at least for now).

I haven't 'seen' any issues, and running traces indicate minimal or zero packet loss.

I note you've posted elsewhere that the package you were using has expired. I use MTR, downloadable from the link described here:

http://www.internet-radio.com/community/threads/how-to-use-the-mtr-tool-to-analyse-network-problems....

...which doesn't expire and is very simple to use.

(I've linked to this page, as it contains links to some key details on how to interpret results, and why some things that may look like packet loss actually aren't)