cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package allowances

MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: Package allowances

I don't know anything about the phone package so can't help out on that one I'm afraid. Only thing I would point out is if you game quite heavily, then it could cause problems.
In total we used around 245Mb yesterday for a short gaming session each, then whatever web surfing went on (A lot of general web usage happens on this connection on an average day though). Just something to watch out for Smiley Pro should be good for you though.
pcoventry76
Grafter

The only real time i would game hard would be monday night into early hours, but again this would be covered by the free usage ( well some of it)
I am happy to pay the extra - even to have the better traffic prioritation
Okay sod it - ill order pro now, i'll keep my rental with BT directly, at the end of the day i'll never leave BT while i have landline, and it dosen't matter which way i go Bt get the cash anyway
Im hopeing BT owning PN will mean it's much better than it was, but there is only 1 way to find out.
I dont want or need e-mail or webspace just the connection will do nicely
::Edit::: Ordered and i don't like contracts therefore i have paid the £40 upfront
It's nice to be back, i had forgot but everytime i have been to see the steelers i've looked at the insight building and reminded myself to signup - which is pretty neat!
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Glad to see you back in the PN camp Tongue FWIW, since I joined PlusNet a couple months back, I've had nothing but good experiences with the service and with the competence of the staff. Coming from previously being with AOL and Sky Broadband, I can't even begin to make a comparison; like pyrite and gold.
Monday's quite an odd day for a hardcore gaming session, what do you play?
pcoventry76
Grafter

i used to be really into 2142 then i also signed up for the PN Steam group
Apart from that not alot, most of my usage will be surfing and e-mail and streaming songs from napster, but ive been doing that all day and only used 108mb.
I asked about payment details and i got a reply within 20 minutes, it's nice to see nothing has changed there.
I have been trying to get through to sky for ages about some things, but it's getting near impossible and i hate paying for 0870 numbers, it's one of the major factors to be honest, even before when PN was 0845 you had online support, if it was really urgent i would ring the 0845 but it rarely is
I also once a week for about 5 mins log into work via VPN, i know this is not a busienss tariff and id never try and use it like that - but the static IP will be a help, and being able to turn off interleaving is excellent, i had a good service with sky whil they turned it on and ruined it all
fastpath is king!
I also just read what i actually get, if the above ain't enough i got 240 mins of BB calls too which is nice - thanks!
the 90 day thing is nice to know, but to be honest i don't think it will be needed, i think BT was the injection PN needed.
James
Grafter

Hi Pete,
Great to see that you'll be coming back.  Have to point out an earlier mistake of mine in that the 90 days guarantee only applies to migrations - I thought you were migrating back in, as I'd failed to pick up that you were on a cable service.
There'll be no problem with you using VPN.  Even residential customers work from home occasionally!
I'd be confident that you will find that things have changed a lot since you were last here.
pcoventry76
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Pete,
Great to see that you'll be coming back.  Have to point out an earlier mistake of mine in that the 90 days guarantee only applies to migrations - I thought you were migrating back in, as I'd failed to pick up that you were on a cable service.

fair doos, as i said i'll doubt i'll need it - i've gone for a 30 day deal so if it ever got that bad i'd go that way
I don't want any money back even if i did migrate ( and i was going to but it's too much hassle to signup to someone else for 30 days yada yada yada) because if i get any service atall in my eyes that warrantys the monthly fee
So thanks for the clarification Smiley my order tracker is on fire which is a good sign Smiley
pcoventry76
Grafter

your doing £20 cashback through my workplace if i sign a 12 month deal, but im not so ho hum
Pete
pcoventry76
Grafter

also it said about not ticking the " supply my by BT line only" option, does that mean there is LLU available aswell?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

LLU is not available.
CaptainFantasti
Grafter

I'm probably going to get banned for saying this but I followed the link to the Forum Rules, one of which states
All CAPS titles/posts
These can be annoying not only because in general "netiquette" they represent shouting, but the letters are also harder for the human brain to distinguish, thus making them harder to read. Therefore, posting in all caps is not permitted.

I think there is an argument for saying that posting in all lower case is annoying (to those of us who can type and/or understand grammar and punctuation), and the lack of capital letters and/or punctuation makes these posts harder to read.
I guess I'm now in The Axis of Evil with, err...axisofevil.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I'm with CaptainFantastic on this!
Can I suggest PlusNet run this issue as their next poll?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

pcoventry76
Grafter

Sorry i'm lost, who is typing all in caps?
Anyway back to subject my order tracker is now on the payment bit so looking good!
CaptainFantasti
Grafter

Quote from: pcoventry76
Sorry i'm lost, who is typing all in caps?
Some people do it, and are often unaware of the issues as stated in the above rule.
I was pointing out that lack of capitalisation and punctuation is an equivalent sin, and ought to be similarly banned.
It would be great if artificial intelligence could be incorporated into browsers, or the forum's back end, so that such posts couldn't be made until all grammatical faults had been corrected.
Note, I wouldn't want these errors to be fixed automatically, I want the poster to change them, otherwise, they'll never learn!
Now, where's my mortar board...
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

EDIT: Oops, Paul just made me realise I posted this in the wrong thread Tongue
paulby
Grafter

@CaptainFantastic
I think the question meant "Who in this thread is posting in all caps?" and that your post had no bearing on the topic under discussion.    As PJ pointed out, there is a separate thread discussing things like this.