Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Change?

GeneGenie
Grafter

Package Change?

Hi,
Would it be possible to be moved from the Pro package to the Premier package? Although the Pro package is just what we wanted speed wise the 20GB isn't enough and I have a feeling we're not going to make it anywhere near the end of the month without being limited. I thought I'd ask here because as I understand it if I submit a ticket the change is carried out on the next billing date, which would most likely result in at least a week of being throttled :(.
If interleaving is switched on when the package switches would it be possible to have it switched off again as I would certainly miss my 20ms ping!
If anyone has moved from Pro to Premier, would they be able to tell me if the change is noticeable, especially with gaming?
Thanks,
GeneGenie
11 REPLIES 11
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Package Change?

Hi GeneGenie,
Any account change has to be done on the billing date I'm afraid but moving to Premium from Pro won't be a problem. We can certainly remove interleaving if it is turned on but I'd be very surprised if this happened following an account change.
As for the final question, I'll leave that to someone else to answer - better from a customer than a staff member I suspect Wink
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If the Plusnet signatures for the games you use are working you'll see no difference as the priorities will be the same on both packages.
If Plusnet haven't got signatures for the games you use you should see a distinct improvement on those games.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
GeneGenie
Grafter

@Matt Taylor Thanks for the info, looks like I'll be in for it when we run out of allowance :D. Good to hear that interleaving shouldn't be turned on as that has made such a huge difference!
Just wanted to say how pleased I am with Plusnet so far...better in every way than my old Sky package so thank you very much! Wink :).
@jelv An improvement on games Plusnet haven't got signatures for? I would of thought it would be slightly worse after the 'downgrade'.

Also, from looking at the broadband download speeds for Premium, YouTube is limited at 2.5Mb in the evenings, as I'm only connecting at 3.5Mb will I actually notice any difference?
Thanks for all your help,
GeneGenie
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You shouldn't see any difference on the youtube stream, 2.5Mb is still enough to watch the HD stream should you need.
GeneGenie
Grafter

Thanks for all your help Matt, much appreciated :).
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: GeneGenie
@jelv An improvement on games Plusnet haven't got signatures for? I would of thought it would be slightly worse after the 'downgrade'.

Embarrassed
Memo to self - read the OP properly - I read it the other way round (Premier -> Pro). I think you've interpreted my reply correctly.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
GeneGenie
Grafter

Ah I thought so :). So I imagine I shouldn't see any difference when gaming on the xbox?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Matt hasnt definitely said but bear in mind that Prem ceases to be offered on April 11th and the Extra package although cheaper only has 60G instead of 80G.
From last package changes those on BBYW could and I think still can move between the different BBYW ones, but not sure about this next change
GeneGenie
Grafter

Extra could be an option then. Is it known what the traffic managment is like on it?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I don't think the expected speeds and traffic management arrangements will be announced until official launch. Only the data transfer limit and pricing is currently available.
Our interpretation of what has been posted is that it will be equivalent to Premium otherwise but that remains to be confirmed. To maximise options why not upgrade to Premium now (taking effect from next billing date), then change to Extra later when full details of the package are available?
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Any changes scheduled to Premium when the new products come out will be honoured so no worries there I hope.