cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 Port Forwardin Issue

rikkiburns11

PS3 Port Forwardin Issue

I'm having issues with my broadband connection on my PS3, I ca sign in in and after 10-15 minutes I'm signed out an have to turn the system off to sign in again.
I have called Playstation Support who said I need to contact PlusNet about Port Forwarding.
I've called/E-mailed PlusNet who have been unable to help as they're not trained in his something Playstation laughed a and said I'm being fobbed off which is how I feel.
PlusNet have given me a link to Port Forwarding which I have tried what it sad on the website an I am still having the same issues.
I'm using a wireless connection and my router is a Thomson TG585 V7
Does anybody know how I can fix this issue?
Thanks
Rikki
6 REPLIES 6
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: PS3 Port Forwardin Issue

The routers UPnP should deal with port forwarding ok for the PS3. This may not be the case if the router is using old firmware, in which case this should help http://npr.me.uk/upnp.html
Just ensure UPnP is enabled.
rikkiburns11

Hi
I've tried doing this and I press run as administrator on step 6 click on yes when it says do you wish for this programme to make changes but the text file/notepad does not load up
I have attached a copy of the files from steps 2 & 3 does this look like I'm typing the right information in I have tried the username as Administrator and admin ad I don't think I would have changed the username as I have no idea how to do this or view what my username is I just now that my wireless is called PlusnetWireless would this be the user name?
Thanks for your help it's very appreciated
Rikki
npr
Pro

The routers username will be admin
Password is the SN printed on the bottom of the router, usually starting with CP
Both are case sensitive.
Try login in to the router from your browser to check you've got the correct username / password.
rikkiburns11

Hi there, I've managed to do the UPNP that you said managed to work out the username/password and the text file has come up this time, however my PS3 is still signing out is there anything else I can do?
Thanks
Rikki
npr
Pro

Check UPnP is enabled in the PS3
Also set "IP Address Setting" to Automatic.
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connectadvance.html
In the router go to the network settings page for the PS3 and tick "always use the same IP address".
May need to reboot everything if you've changed any settings.
rikkiburns11

Thanks just tried that now so hopefully this will work, if not would it be worth updating the firmware on the router?
Thanks
Rikki