cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRE-SALE - no engineer needed as previous tenant had BT as their broadband provider

FIXED
JuditG
Fixes: 1

PRE-SALE - no engineer needed as previous tenant had BT as their broadband provider

Hi,

I hate to post into the forum about this, but as it is Boxing Day, nobody is reachable on the phone lines/webchats until Monday, I am hoping to get a quicker answer here. I am thinking of signing up for PlusNet as I am moving to a new flat. The previous tenant had BT as their broadband provider, so everything should be set up, all I need is a router/hub from PlusNet. However, the website insists that I must pay the £49.99 fee. I am moving on 4th January, and I don't want to wait until mid-January for an engineer's visit, if they will only realise that everything has already been correctly set up. How do I get my broadband sorted asap, preferably before the Christmas sale ends? And preferably without paying for an unnecessary engineer visit?

Thank you! Smiley And Merry Christmas! Smiley

2 REPLIES 2
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: PRE-SALE - no engineer needed as previous tenant had BT as their broadband provider

As far as I’m aware the online signup system goes off the availability of lines at an address so if there’s no stopped line to remotely restart or working line to takeover then an engineer visit will be needed. 

The engineer visit won’t necessarily be to just check your equipment inside your property, they’ll connect up a spare line in the cables from the exchange. 

JuditG
Fixes: 1

Re: PRE-SALE - no engineer needed as previous tenant had BT as their broadband provider

Fix

Thanks for that. I managed to reach somebody at PlusNet's Call Centre today and they double checked for me. The line needs to be reconnected at the exchange. So now I booked the broadband package incl. the engineer visit.