Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPP Drops

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

PPP Drops

Since I finally got my connection issues sorted out, my sync has been ROCK SOLID.  now at over 12days uptime, however, I cannto say the same about the actual connection to PlusNet.  I get regular PPP drops, sometimes max uptime for PPP is an hour or so.....  Dosnt seem to cause an issue, and speedtests dont indicate an issue at all.  I just wonder why the PPP connection drops.  According to the router logs it takes around 8-10 seconds to regain connection. I happened to be surfing when one of these occured, and just before I noticed a very apparant slowdown and stalling of the connection, and all became normal again, after the PPP reset.  its not a complaint this, just more of a question why?

this speedtest was quite spluttery, but I presume this is just down to the world cup really......
Seem however to have a pretty high ping tonight

On THN-AG2, but this gateway dosnt seem to exist on the checker, and all the gateways appear to show no info.....
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: PPP Drops

Hi Penfold,
PPP drops can be caused by exchange faults. However it's well worth bearing in mind that very short drops in sync can be easily confused with PPP drops. As you've only experienced a couple of these from what I can see over the past few days I wouldn't let it be a big cause for concern.
I would say however it's worth keeping an eye on the connection 'stalling' like that. In my experience this is normally due to problems with the router itself, I know in your case you've tried a few different routers of late, did they all display that symptom?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks Adam.  Its def not sync drops, the router states no loss of sync for over 13days now. I dont think its an issue, just wondered why.....  thinking of getting a new router anyhow, any good ones about...  All its needs to do is route Cheesy  nothing fancy or anything like that, dont use port forwarding etc etc. Just bog standard LAN ports, and a decent firewall.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problems penfold,
I can't recommend any specific brands I'm afraid. You'd be best off asking the other customer's on here for recommendations, saying that there's probably some relevant posts already on here.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team