cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPP Auth Failure

phillipstanton
Hooked

PPP Auth Failure

I have the dreaded ppp authentication failure. Came home from work to find the router failing to connect. When logged into the router (tg582n) it keeps try and getting authentication fail. My username/password are (I think) what was set up at the start but it won't allow me to connect. I've also tried my pn username@plusdsl.net but not sure what password would be. I'm at a loss. Any advice gratefully received.
9 REPLIES 9
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: PPP Auth Failure

I believe we did have some authentication troubles yesterday/last night (IMT-1969), which should now be resolved. Are you still experiencing difficulties?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

phillipstanton
Hooked

Hi, unfortunately, yes I am still unable to connect. "connection could not be established: disconnected by user."
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear that.

From what we can see you're trying to connect with the wrong password.

It may be worth resetting the router using the pinhole on the back or alternatively resetting your password here then updating it in your router.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
phillipstanton
Hooked

Thanks Matthew, I've reset my password but won't be able do that on my router until I get home (had to go in to a local office to work today, grrrr). I assume that's fairly straight forward once logged in to the router? And would the username be 'username' @dslplus.net?
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Almost.  it would be username@plusdsl.net

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

phillipstanton
Hooked

Soooo close. Thank you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Glad to see you got back online phillipstanton let us know if there's any further issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
phillipstanton
Hooked

Unfortunately, far from sorted Adam, as it seems that every day my router now resets to a random account username. It does seem to auto update when restated but I can't access the router via my usual wired connection (don't know why) which requires me to turn it off and on again physically.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's odd, what's the username that you're seeing?

Can you let me know if you're using the original Technicolor router we provided?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team