Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POP3 e-mail

cuke2u
Grafter

POP3 e-mail

Hi, appears to be broken and has been all day, I get this message from outlook:
Task '**** - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
Task '*** - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
I checked webmail and I've messages in there from 1:54am this morning.
Thanks...
Chris
5 REPLIES 5
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: POP3 e-mail

No problem with me, just this minute got my messages via pop3
Paul
cuke2u
Grafter

Hi, thanks Paul, mine seems to now been working, tried earlier on and had this message as well. Must be fixed now unless it is an intermittent problem...
Chris
Tony_W
Grafter

It seems to be OK for me, but I did have a few problems earlier - sending email using authenticated SMTP, where I had to try 3 or 4 times before it would accept my password.
Tony
LAdrain
Dabbler

SquirrelMail has been giving me an error all day for Force9.
Tony_W
Grafter

It looks like there may have been some DNS issues which might have accounted for this (nothing on the service status)
See DNS Response Times 
[Edit] the problems have now scrolled off the end of the graphs, but there was a 2 to 3 hour period around 17:00 on the 6th when the response times on all of the DNS graphs went off the scale.
Tony