cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN-to-PN Traffic

richardjgreen

PN-to-PN Traffic

Hi all,
I am considering attempting to get three members of my family to migrate to PN. Once sorted, I will be establishing IPSec Router-to-Router VPN tunnels between us for ease of me managing their PC's.
I would like to know if anyone could tell me whether traffic between two PN accounts is counted toward your usage allowance, or if it is not counted because it is internal to PN?
On the same note, does anyone know if traffic generated to the PN website is counted in the usage allowance?
2 REPLIES 2
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: PN-to-PN Traffic

Anything that travels down an ADSL line is counted towards your ADSL allowance.
Similarly when you access your own webspace both the traffic to/from it is counted towards your webspace traffc allowance and your ADSL traffic allowance.
There is nothing different between you connecting to another PN users and someone on another ISP.
You don't need to have permanent VPN connections. There are many apps you can use which you use to connect at the time you need it. Or use windows RDP (remote desktop) application which achieves the same without the hassle of setting up VPN connections.
richardjgreen

Re: PN-to-PN Traffic

The VPN tunnels will only connect when a connection attempt is made for a host on the remote network, I just wondered if it would be included, but your post answered the question.
Many Thanks