cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN Router Technicolor TG582n

TonyPhotoplus
Grafter

PN Router Technicolor TG582n

I can't seem to access my routers details and info  Embarrassed  I have tried everything I can think of.  I have deleted everything in the temp files that was interfering with my typing into the address box etc.  I have tried 3 different browsers and checked the Windows firewall.  I have Win764bit, use the latest Firefox.  I can't seem to think what else to do?  I changed me password to PN and I needed to access the router info.  Can't think why it won't allow me to access it.  I am baffled as it has never been a problem before
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: PN Router Technicolor TG582n

A quick check - do you get to this when clicking on this link http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/dsl/dt/?ce=1&be=0&l0=1&l1=0
TonyPhotoplus
Grafter

Hi, thanks for assistance.  I get nothing.  The webpage just hangs there stating its waiting  to access the site.  I am in safe made and it still hangs there.  Frustrating!  Is there something else I haven't done that could help here?
Adie:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

see if there is anything in your Windows host file that could be causing
TonyPhotoplus
Grafter

I waited for the 192.168.1.254 to appear and I had this message.  Hope it has some significance
Error 1919.Error configuring ODBC data source PFLog Database, ODBC error 6: Component not found in the registry. Verify that the file PFLog Database exists and that you can access it.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Weird error to get  when trying to connect to the router, details here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818954
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: TonyPhotoplus
I am in safe made and it still hangs there.

Safe mode with networking?  Why are you in safe mode?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TonyPhotoplus
Grafter

I went into safe mode to assess if I could access it that way.  Unfortunately it didn't.  Have to go to bed now as pain levels too high and morphine intake has hit the roof.  So ain't that good.  Hope to have another go tomorrow afternoon.  Thank you for all you help.  But I am totally confused
ASIIndustries

Greetings [TonyPhotoplus] If the router is unresponsive & or even if you've forgotten your own
password, You can always do a "hardware reset" which erases all modifications that you have
made & replaces them with the default settings that PlusNet supplied you.
To do a "hardware reset" you will need either a paperclip or a "thin star screw driver" & the router
must be powered.
I use a "thin star screw driver" gently insert it into the hole until it goes no further & hold it there for
about 8 seconds or until all the leds go out, then remove the screw driver.
Once the router reconnects with the DSLAM use a web browser.
http://192.168.1.254 In your browser's address bar (not search box).
Username = admin
Password = Router serial number for example: CP123456789
--
Please click images to open larger images in a new Tab, same with everything that is Underlined!
I hail from (The Barony of Seabegs) Bonnybridge, Stirlingshire, U.K, where aliens (15mb)
sometimes come for a visit & about 4 miles west from that monstrosity & 7 miles west of this new monstrosity!
Doublescotch

I'm having an issue with this router as I can't remember my admin password, and have tried the reset button, but it has done absolutely nothing, everything is the same, what on earth am I to do?
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Did you do a factory reset using a paperclip or similar (for at least 7 seconds), or just press the black button twice to reboot it?
A factory reset should remove all customisations, in which case the login username should then be 'admin' (lower case) and the password the serial number of the router printed underneath it (starting with 'CP' - upper case.)