Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN IP profile check/change?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: PN IP profile check/change?

I trust you have updated your ticket, because from the total lack of response here on the thread from anyone from CRT, I wouldn't be relying on that to progress things.
gingerbloke
Grafter

Yes, these forums are useful for quick checks on IP profiles/resets, etc but when it's a line fault you need to raise a ticket.
Adam
ps it's now synced down to 3700 because the line went crackly a few minutes ago.
Anotherone
Champion

What I was meaning was that had a member of CRT looked at this, the ticket could have been chased up. It strikes me that it will need some escalation to get it resolved for you. I bet it comes back from BT saying the fault is clear, well Plusnet will need to reject it.
gingerbloke
Grafter

How do you get hold of a radius plot showing disconnects? The line is noisy today, it's synced probably a dozen times today since early morning (varying between 5.7Mbps and 4.4Mbps). The Mk3 faceplate has helped the broadband speeds but the line noise issue is still there, especially during the first few seconds of a phone call.
Adam
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to see nobody has responded to this.  Sad
In terms of a Visual Radius graph look below

I'll get our Faults team to pick it up as soon as.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gingerbloke
Grafter

That looks ugly!
Fits with the RS plots - I think the router resynced 20 times yesterday - shame the BT engineer wasn't here because the line crackled almost all day long.
Anotherone
Champion

Let's hope the Faults team apply some pressure to Openretch to get this resolved, maybe an escalation is in order.
gingerbloke
Grafter

SNR has now risen from target of 6dB to around 14dB, broadband speed has dropped accordingly (current 3.7Mbps). Line is noisy for calls most days, but not all the time.
Oddly, I get more actual speed than my IP profile (??) :
Download speed achieved during the test was - 3.54 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3.78 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 3 Mbps
Update on my ticket says they are running tests, update on Friday.
Anotherone
Champion

I'd put a rather "robust" response on the ticket. Stating something along the lines of the phone-line continues to be intermittently and frequently noisy and you are rather sick and tired of engineers coming out and doing pretty much nothing. When are they going to start remaking joints and/or swapping pairs, and/or replacing the drop-wire if that might be suspect in windy conditions. The noise on the phone calls is highly irritating, never mind the effect on the broadband.
Testing at random is highly unlikely to discover a great deal on an intermittent fault, unless test results to date have already detected some sort of fault.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It's in the phone queue at the moment, so it's in the right place as I'm concerned about the intermittent noise.
Whilst the engineers are frustrating, we're limited in what we can do without them (even after you've had lots).
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

I thought the CP could add "notes" for the attention of the OR engineer Tony? So some remark about the line still being intermittently noisy despite several previous OR engineer visits would be in order? (and that's putting it politely).
gingerbloke
Grafter

7 resyncs today (so far) - speed steadily sliding downwards with time, now sync'd at just 3.3M with a 15.6dB SNR  Cry
Anotherone
Champion

DLM is obviously taking it out on your faulty line. Well at least if the Target SNRM has gone to 15dB it can't get any worse being on a 20CN connection Roll_eyes
gingerbloke
Grafter

2.3M with a SNR of 18 now......
..and I now have a low IP profile of 1.5M. This on a line that runs 5.7M when the line is not noisy.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.75 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :2.62 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 1.5 Mbps
Anotherone
Champion

The SNRM will increase if you sync at a slow speed when noise is there and then the noise goes away.
Have you had any incoming calls on the landline today? Can you post the full stats as they are now?
Apart from using the Quiet Line Test 17070 Option 2, do a graceful disconnect as follows -
Log in to the Modem/Router, in the Internet box, click Disconnect to drop the PPP Internet session (this is not the sync), wait about a minute and then power down the Modem/Router. Stay offline for at least 10 minutes.
Whilst you are off-line Use the Ringback 17070 Option 1, and let it ring until it stops. Repeat the Quiet Line Test. If there's still a bit of noise,do the Ringback again.
When it's quiet, re-connect and power up, you may need to login to the Modem/Router and click Connect to establish a new PPP session.
Post the Full stats again as soon as you can after reconnecting.
In view of the number of drops you've had today, I wouldn't repeat the above another time today.