cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLUS NET cocked up and left me in the POO - promise to fix iand COCK IT UP AGAIN

BRABUS
Grafter

PLUS NET cocked up and left me in the POO - promise to fix iand COCK IT UP AGAIN

I was due to switch to 21CN today.  Sat at work and can't access my router remotely (as usual  Angry ) so I can't see if it has changed.
I want to know if it has now moved over and had the upload uncapped so that I can test out my new CCTV camera from work Smiley  Can you nice PN peeps tell me please.
19 REPLIES 19
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Have I been switched over - yes another one !!

Not quite yet, I can see that you had a manual order placed for this. It has been processed at the same time as the bulk upgrades. It will complete but not until the 17/08/2012.
Your connection is currently in working from what I can see at the moment.
BRABUS
Grafter

Hi Chris,  I have a ticket raised last Tuesday that states 5 working days Sad
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That was the manual order I was referring to.
Unfortunately the bulk upgrade has placed this and the date cannot be amended, but it will go through on the 17th August.
Sorry for the delay.
Chris
BRABUS
Grafter

I dont follow at all.  I place an order, PN tell me a date and now only when I query PN tell me that it will be done almost 2 weeks later?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You placed the order, but as part of the bulk upgrades that happen, your line had an order placed automatically that does take 12 working days. Unfortunately this was done placed just before the manual order and we got notification after the order. I've had a look into this and It could be brought forward to the 14th August otherwise it will complete on the 17th August.
A service notice #138932042 was sent to you on the 1st August to confirm that the date was 17th August.
BRABUS
Grafter

Chris that still doesn't help me.  That notice was nearly 24 hours after my other ticket.  The number you quote is one of the Plus Net "useless" messages that don't show at all in your account (unless you go hunting) as they automtically close nor do you get an e-mail to say it has been raised.
If it can be moved to 14th then why can't it be moved even further forward? It strikes me as it is being done on 17th to save costs.
BRABUS
Grafter

I have planned and booked my annual holiday around this date of 7th that PN gave me.  I needed to make sure that this happened and the 10 day training period was over and ewverything was working 100% before I went away so that I can be sure that my CCTV cameras are still visible.
When we moved our phone to PN we had some specific requirements that needed to be met for reason that I can't go into here (lets just say for our personal safety)  Having working CCTV cameras is also crucial as part of our needs for personal safety.  This cock up over dates is a real issue for us.  For these same reasons we had to move from our last house.

It now looks like I will have to either postpone or cancel my holiday - I am not pleased at all.
I think this image best describes how I feel right now
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: PLUS NET cocked up and left me in the POO

We've looked at your account and unfortunately the 14th is the earliest it can be moved to. That's because orders of this type are 5 working days, and the 14th is 5 working days from today.
Yes a mistake was made in the way your order was placed, however we're offering to do what we can to change the date as early forward as we can. I'm sorry this happened and is having such a big impact on you.
If you like we can cancel the order and place it for when you're back from holiday if that's more convenient?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've updated your ticket #58256539 with some suggestions that will hopefully enable you to be sure that your CCTV cameras are still visible before you go away.
Chris
BRABUS
Grafter

Thanks Chris.  I have been running around and have cancelled our holiday since my last comments.  So far everyone has been very helpful and so far I have incurred no costs once I explained why.
Please leave the order standing for the 14th.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry to hear that you have had to do that. Like I said in the ticket, I can arrange for your upload to be uncapped in place for tomorrow.
I'm happy to get that done straight away for you if you still want it or if you can still make arrangements to go on holiday.
Chris
BRABUS
Grafter

Cheers Chris but time was of the essence.  I went ahead and cancelled as I wasn't prepared to lose money on cancellation fees.  This was all being done while you were updating my ticket.
What is so annoying is that only yesterday I got my in-laws to sign up to fibre extra and phone with PN after saying how good you were and don't get things wrong.  Me and my big mouth  Roll_eyes
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry I just missed you, I actually tried to call you to. To late now though I guess.
It is certainly scheduled to go through, and as I previously mentioned I'd be happy to uncap your upload in the if you require it. This would modify your current ADSL2+ order, so if you did go for the uncap your ADSL2+ would complete 5 working days later from when it's placed.
If anything changes please let me know.
Chris
BRABUS
Grafter

Oh, my mobile never rang Sad