cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overnight usage not showing up

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Overnight usage not showing up

I downloaded a couple of software updates just after midnight last night but they don't seem to be showing in our overnight usage in VMU (and definitely haven't been included in yesterday's usage either). Is VMU a little tardy today?
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Overnight usage not showing up

Looks up to date to me, I've checked your hourly usage (can PM this to you if you want) and that's showing up fine too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Weird. The downloads last night were supposed to be 120MB approx (Mac updates to iTunes and Quick Time) but all that's showing in overnight usage is 1.47MB. I did it via Software Update so the updates were downloaded and installed in one go, so it's possible it didn't need to download as much as the progress bar was telling me. All the same I would have expected it to be higher than 1.47MB.
Today's paid usage is the sort of amount I was expecting to see, so that's OK.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
There's a possibility that the amount that you downloaded last night was disregarded as the interim CBC update between peak and off peak.
We get these updates every 15 minutes, so we ignore the first one in off peak time, to make sure you don't get charged for some peak usage that might overlap into your free time.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

That could well explain it, James!
It was JUST after midnight I started the download (though had my computer alerted me to it being available earlier in the day I would have done it then, having recently upgraded to BBYW Option 2).
Thanks; mystery solved I think.  Smiley