cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over an hours wait!

Estragon
Rising Star

Re: Over an hours wait!

EE didn't instruct OP to transfer to Plusnet. If the migration at the OR/BTW end has taken place it is entirely down to someone at OR not realising that was not the right thing to do.
Plusnet haven't asked for early transfer. Plusnet have no control over what happened. Quite how they got involved in the first place I don't know. Probably trying to help you by reporting a fault as by the sound of it you contacted them because EE weren't responding.
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: Estragon
If the migration at the OR/BTW end has taken place it is entirely down to someone at OR not realising that was not the right thing to do.

I thought OR only acted on instructions from the ISP?

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
cbcadmin
Grafter

Further to my original request (that thread is now locked Sad ) can Plusnet Rep specifically make sure that there is no cease order on the broadband please?
TIA

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
Estragon
Rising Star

You've ignored the second paragraph of my post though. I can't guarantee that Plusnet asked for an early transfer, but I'm fairly sure they can't have done.
Only they can say, but as it seems they cannot activate the account until Monday it would be very odd to request it. I would think it far more likely that an OR or BTW person has messed up, probably not having any idea of what is involved at the ISP end in actioning a migration.
Without having the facts of who said what to who when it's all guesswork, except the certainty in my mind that Plusnet didn't cause the loss of your broadband.
In what you said EE told you, they had closed your account because you were going to move. Not because you had moved. Closing your account would stop your broadband logging in.
cbcadmin
Grafter

You've ignored the second paragraph of my post though.

Why do you say that?
All of these answers are guess work. No one but Plusnet, EE and OR know what is going on and none of those are telling the customer the facts!

cbcadmin
Grafter

by the sound of it you contacted them because EE weren't responding.

Just to clarify. I contacted Plusnet because EE told me to. EE said the problem was down to Plusnet taking over my BB. This may or may not be true, but I can only act on what I am told.

cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: HarryB
But our connection won't work until the order completes, which can't happen until the phone order completes Sad

Well, just had an email to say phone is working, but still no broadband, so ......

Bromder
Grafter

Keeef, run now and dont look back, while you can even if iwanted to there is nothihg positive to say about plusnet even them saying sorry after the 100th times it starts to annoy you  Smiley
cbcadmin
Grafter

Quote from: Bromder
Keeef, run now and dont look back

But where does one run to? Wink
Believe me Plusnet aren't as bad as some!

cbcadmin
Grafter

Constant drop outs

Are my constant drop outs down to the new connection "training"?
I don't recall these when changing providers before and had a series of about four connections earlier where nothing seemed to be being received at all! Sad
Thankfully it seems to be OK again atm, but ......

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mod:note
topics merged.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'