Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over a week with no internet

AdamClytn
Dabbler

Re: Over a week with no internet

Thankyou, hopefully it does Smiley
You do already know that an engineer visited last week to test internally and change the socket so hopefully a different one doesn't turn up to do the same thing.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Certainly hope it's not to do the same thing again then! It's been booked because that's what our suppliers advised is needed to get the fault raised, they'll have notes from previous visits though.
AdamClytn
Dabbler

My connection has seemed to of stabled out over the last few days, had constant connection for 60 hours with no disconnections.
My noise level has come down to a reasonable level and now i'm syncing at 1.93mb (I'm guessing this is the lowest profile I'm on though).
Is there any chance of a line reset to see if it picks up to old speeds again please, also request the upload cap to be removed too Smiley
Coincidentally there were 2 Openreach vans at my cab last thurs/fri all day so maybe a fault has been fixed?
Thanks
AdamClytn
Dabbler

Just a little bump for an admin to hopefully see Smiley
An engineer is still booked for Wed 8th, not sure if there is much use for one now. Any chance of looking to see if things are better are your side now.
Thanks
AdamClytn
Dabbler

Well the engineer did turn up, but was exactly the same phone engineer that came last week to have exactly the same look and test on my master socket so rather pointless.
Any news on the line reset?
Is the fiber engineer still booked for next Wednesday? I've been keeping a log on think broadband and my ping/latency is all over the place, the whole graph is red so there obviously still problems somewhere.
The engineer today said fiber will 100% not be installed f there is an outstanding query or a fault somewhere so I need a definite answer as to what can happen now because I can be doing without this hassle tbh. Either a broadband engineer needs to come out, or someone to look at the cab/exchange in the next few days or I just give up and get cable which would probably be a lot easier (even though I loathe Virgin)
AdamClytn
Dabbler

Still no update...
If nothing else please just update my speed profile and uncap the upload.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, yes the appointment is still booked in for the morning of the 15th I'm glad to say - hope that gets things sorted out for you. I don't think we can reset the SNR while an order's going through though unfortunately, but I have bumped your profile on our side up to 2500 so it matches the BT profile, hope that's improved things.
AdamClytn
Dabbler

The engineer is currently here to install fiber. For some reason I presumed he would come with the modem and router (as you know they only supply the modem) so we now have no router compatible with fiber because one hasn't been sent out, therefore no internet and the engineer can't test the line or speeds etc....
Anotherr good effort. Can anyone please recommend a cheapish fiber router to get us up and running? I'm guessing setup is the same as an adsl router?
Cheers
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

we now have no router compatible with fiber because one hasn't been sent out, therefore no internet and the engineer can't test the line or speeds etc....

The engineer doesn't have to test speeds or the line, all they have to do is prove a connection.
I've just ordered the router now, really sorry this wasn't sent previously. You can connect the modem directly to your computer until this arrives by following the steps here:
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AdamClytn
Dabbler

Ended up buying a new TP-Link so I could get up and running.
Not really amused when tests are giving back 2.5mb download and 100+ms ping times.
Is it a simple case of you upping the profile on your side (I hope so)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Your account type hadn't updated so I've just done that for you which should improve the speeds - sorry that wasn't done, and hope it's helped. Likewise hope the router gets to you soon.
Please keep us posted on how it's going.