Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over a week with no internet

AdamClytn
Dabbler

Over a week with no internet

Really wouldn't mind someone following up on ticket id : 78809660
I understand it's been Christmas, but i'm now at a loss of what to do and it doesn't really seem like anything is moving anywhere fast.
Got an engineer booked for NYE to upgrade us to fibre but don't really want to go ahead unless I know the problem won't carry over.
I've had basically no internet for going onto 10 days and it's getting rather frustrating.
25 REPLIES 25
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Over a week with no internet

This will be why your speed profile is so low:

Lots and lots of disconnections.  I'm having a further look.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
AdamClytn
Dabbler

Is this my end or yours though that would be causing this, everything was absolutely spot on for the first 3-4 weeks then boom.....nothing.
Is it just a major coincidence that the faults started happened the day fibre became active for my address do you think?
Kelly
Hero

It would well be related.  Our remote diagnostics have flashed lots of red things at me (I'm not a faults expert!) and seem to suggest an exchange side fault.  I wouldn't be concerned about the fibre order tbh.  Make sure when they turn up to install, that they test that you can get online and you have decent speeds before they go.
Kelly Dorset
Kelly
Hero

You've got a faults ticket still open, so that should get picked up to resolve.
Kelly Dorset
AdamClytn
Dabbler

Ok thanks for your help. Will have to wait untill next Friday and see how it goes then (if they turn up). Do you know if the engineer will install a new master socket as ours looks like the old version.
I'm guessing that more than likely means another week with no internet though Sad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've just tried calling you, I've left a voicemail.
We'll need an engineer to visit to get this resolved for you. If you could let me know when you'd be available, Monday onwards (excluding Wednesday as it's New Years Day), I'll get you an engineer booked in.
AdamClytn
Dabbler

Sorry I was driving.
Any slot is ok next week, the sooner the better Smiley
Thankyou
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

No worries!
That's booked in for Monday between 8am-1pm Smiley
AdamClytn
Dabbler

Updated ticket id :78809660
Engineer has been and found no faults my side.
Is tomorrow's engineer slot still booked in?
Thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Bad news I'm afraid, there is no appointment booked. From what I can see we placed the order but this wasn't accepted or confirmed.
Really sorry about this, if you can let me know when/if you're available over the next week or so we can book this in manually for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AdamClytn
Dabbler

Not good
ASAP really, I need a working line by next week at the latest for work.
I'm already £40 out of pocket applying packages to my iPhone for tethering to enable me to at least get online at home.
Let me know your earliest slot, as after next week it's going to be mightily difficult to get time off at the beginning of a new year.
Anyway forgetting the fiber upgrade for the time being, what is the next step to sorting out my current problem? Is another engineer taking a look at the exchange side of things?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, just letting you know I've added an update to ticket 78809660 for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AdamClytn
Dabbler

This is getting abit beyond a joke now. There is either a huge misunderstanding somewhere or no one really knows what is going on.
I apparently have 2 different engineer slots booked (1 for fibre, one for fault yet to be confirmed). Not best pleased at it dragging on for 5 weeks by the time an engineer appears, but this morning I had a phonecall off BT Openreach (without sounding too critical, it sounded like it was her 1st day in the job) stating my line should now be working and apparently no engineer is needed.
I'm close to just biting the bullet I never wanted to and swapping to Virgin.
I don't think I've ever had a more frustrating experience with a problem, it really doesn't help that I can't physically talk to someone because I cannot get through to support.
I'll ask for the 4th time as well, am I still expected to pay my full monthly bill when I've had little to zero service?
Sorry if it sounds a bit ranty, but I've just kind of given up now because now I do not have a clue what is going on and I'm still sat here with no internet. (oh and in the last few days my noise levels have risen back up to 20+ dB). Also I've not had a disconnection for 50+ hours compared to hourly disconnections before that.
Thankyou
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, just updated your ticket for you, hope the engineer visit gets things sorted out for you - this one is for the phone fault, the broadband engineer is still booked in for the 13th.
We'll be happy to look at a goodwill gesture for you once everything's sorted out and working.