Spam blacklist lookup
Fasthosts RBL (Real-time blacklist) details for 212.159.14.132:
First detected2007-08-24 09:30:04
Last detected2007-08-24 09:30:04
Occurances2
Black listing reasonAutomatically added for breaching spam thresholds
Currently blocked?True

Have the mailservers been blocked?
I've raised a ticket but wonder if anyonelse has a problem.
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Outgoing Mail bounced as Spam

Hi,
We're aware of this and our netops engineers will be contacting Fasthosts in order to remove us from the blacklist. Unfortunately there is a possibility that we will not be unblocked until after the weekend.
Hope this helps,
the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks
I've just trawled through the 10 pages posts on the problem with deleted incoming mail to see if this affected outgoing and there is nothing on there.
However I know mail sent to a friend on Aol lat Thursday never arrived (or still hasn't arrived.
Are we blocked there too? or is this part of the ongoing major  incident on Email.
This is rubbish.
the_groundsman
Rising Star

Thanks PJ. I've IM'ed you.
The mail continues to disappear into nothingness so I created an AOL address for myself. Mailing this did result in a bounce back (I've sent you the details).
Should I raise a ticket?
This 2 blacklists in the last couple of days.
mlavende
Rising Star

Quote from: PJ
Yes, this is AOL blocking the messages. Raise a ticket with the headers and PN will go and shout at them for a while.
As it's a bank holiday weekend this may not be fixed until later in the week.
Sadly, due to spam related issues, email is becoming more and more unreliable as a transport protocol.

Hi,
I've had the same problem mailing my Dad at AOL for some time now. When you fix this problem, will it fix it for all AOL addresses or do I need to raise a separate incident ?
Thanks
-Mat
LiamM
Grafter

It's not a problem that PlusNet can fix.  It is AOL doing the blocking.  PlusNet can request that AOL remove the block but it's up to AOL. 
And if they do remove the block, then it should work for everyone.
This happens from time to time, especially with mail servers used by many thousands of people.  Unfortunately, some ISPs are a lot more ruthless when blocking senders.  AOL is one of them, as they are a big target by spammers.
zubel
Community Veteran

AOL also have a "Report this message as Spam" option, which many people use instead of the "delete" button when they receive mails that they don't want, but aren't actually spam.
The side effect of this is that many mail servers will be incorrectly placed in their spam sender lists for no good reason other than end-user laziness or incompetence.
AOL are also a pain in the proverbial to deal with - getting a response at all is a miracle in itself.
Ah well, one day I'm sure they will just implode upon themselves. Here's hoping.
B.