Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage in Southwark

FIXED
Zeroblue
Hooked

Outage in Southwark

Total broadband outage at SE16 4QD for last 48 hours. Apparently affects EE as well. Impossible to get through on phone and on-line chat down. Plusnet are reporting no outages. Help! someone at Plusnet please investigate, apparantly Openreach were in the area a couple of days ago doing work in the road?

3 REPLIES 3
Zeroblue
Hooked

Re: Outage in Southwark

Also other residents report BT and Virgin working...

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @Zeroblue,

I'm very sorry that your connection has been down and for any inconvenience that this has caused you. I've looked into this and it appears that your line is now back in sync, however the correct authentication details have dropped out of your router and so it is not letting you online at the moment. This can normally be fixed with a factory reset of the router - there's a reset pinhole on the back and you'd need to push something in to this for at least 15 seconds. If you're still unable to get online following the reset, please run through the following steps to manually configure your router:

1) Open up a webpage and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.254

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Click on the 'Broadband' tab. You should then see a username and password box. If this doesn't come up, please click the 'disconnect' button

4) Your username is your account username with @plusdsl.net at the end and your password is your account password. Input both of these and press 'Connect' and you should now be online.

Please let us know if you continue to experience any problems with your connection after this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Zeroblue
Hooked

Thanks that sorted the issue. Not sure what caused the original problem though....