cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage HD7

Angus95
Hooked

Outage HD7

I have no internet service since 11am on 22 May. Spoken to Plusnet support and they are reporting an Openreach Major Service Outage, but with no details or further information. There is no mention of any service outage on the Plusnet website. How am I meant to see the status of this MSO please? Anyone know? I don’t have the time to hang on the phone for every little update.

19 REPLIES 19
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Outage HD7

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to ADSL Broadband 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Try putting your phone number in here https://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/ and see if any outages are reported.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Or here - https://my.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31#broadband-summaries

(I did try posting before this was movedRoll_eyes, but the above does currently show 4 known issues and I can't answer why Plusnet don't always make a service affecting announcements...)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear your service is affected by a major service outage. 

We've been advised of an estimated resolution date/time of by 5pm today. I've got in touch with our suppliers network incident helpdesk for more information and I've been advised that Openreach are moving your line to a closer cabinet.

This should mean that your speeds improve when your connection has returned.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@DS wrote: I can't answer why Plusnet don't always make a service affecting announcements.

Latest at 14.20pm.

Service outage.jpgToo right. Plusnet service status indicator should be scraped since it is very rarely ever used by Plusnet staff. Maybe time to gee up the regulator to instigate fines for non reporting of live incidents. I find it strange I can find out more about problems with my electricity supply (I even get text messages when the supply fails) than I can do with Plusnet services.

As for going to third party websites for info FunnyFunnyFunnyFunny It really is that bad? So much for customer services. hears some voices echoing "We'll do you proud". Funny Tragic.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Angus95 

If OpenReach are moving your line you should put your number in the following and record which cabinet you're currently on and what the expected speeds are.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Once OR records have been updated (could be a while after your service comes back on-line) have another look at your new cabinet and see how the expected speeds have changed.

Brian

Angus95
Hooked

It is now 18:00 and the service is still down. Do Openreach work the bank holiday weekend or will that be it until Tuesday?

@Gandalf wrote:

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear your service is affected by a major service outage. 

We've been advised of an estimated resolution date/time of by 5pm today. I've got in touch with our suppliers network incident helpdesk for more information and I've been advised that Openreach are moving your line to a closer cabinet.

This should mean that your speeds improve when your connection has returned.

Let us know how it goes.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@idonno 

The Plusnet service status is for Plusnet service issues, not those of their supplier, except when their supplier's systems impact a significant number of users over a wide area.

This issue reads as a local BT Openreach issue impacting a number of users in a local geography.  Such incidents might arise from a navvy putting a JCB through a trunk cable (or indeed someone nicking a length of such copper cable).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hello @Angus95,

I have contacted our suppliers for a closer update, I'm afraid that the Openreach Incident Helpdesk is now closed and won't be open until Monday from 8:30am so we are unable to provide an accurate update of the new estimated completion time. However, they have advised that Openreach are likely to be working on the incident over the weekend.

As I'm not in the office over the weekend, I have requested that my team who are in over the weekend check our emails for any further information for you.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@Townman wrote: The Plusnet service status is for Plusnet service issues, not those of their supplier, except when their supplier's systems impact a significant number of users over a wide area

We'll just have to disagree then. Whether it is a supplier issue or not, it should still be mentioned somewhere if the fault impacts on to a Plusnet customer. At the end of the day the customer pays Plusnet, not Openreach, for a Plusnet service.

Just go to the previously mentioned Zen site. Faults mentioned a plenty i.e. by their supplier. Difference I suppose of an ISP that has systems in place. One benefit of the Zen setup is if the customer still has some means of accessing the internet, they can see if there is any ongoing fault without using the phone lines or coming on here to post.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Jubby wrote:

Hello @Angus95,

I'm afraid that the Openreach Incident Helpdesk is now closed and won't be open until Monday from 8:30am

You mean BT Openreach recognise the importance of phone and internet services and will be working on a bank holiday, rather than behaving like a nationalised industry working only when it suits them - not their customers?

@idonno 

Agree or disagree as much as you want - the Plusnet Service status is not the place for reporting BT Openreach local outages - there are so many that the service status would be forever RED for just small clusters of impacted users.  Expecting the service status to reflect the status of all customers is not realistic, nor would it be an effective use of resources.  Should Plusnet provide some sanitised link to BTOR's major incident reporting system is however quite a different matter.  That said the user who has the fault has been made aware that they are part of a multiple line local fault.  BTOR will fix it when BTOR will fix it - not even Ofcom can exert any influence over their abysmal performance levels.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Angus95
Hooked

No good I am afraid - my land line is a Plusnet number and Zen only seems to recognise BT numbers!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

A Plusnet number is a BT number. That Zen tool will work on area code only.