cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order for ADSL2+ regrade not done

MarkAS

Order for ADSL2+ regrade not done

My local exchange was upgraded to BT 21CN WBC on 31 March 2011, so I requested that my line be switched to ADSL2+.  An order was subsequently placed for me on 1 April 2011 and I was told that the regrade would take the standard 5-7 working days.  After a later enquiry, I was told that the regrade would be completed by 12 April 2011 at the latest.  I have been rebooting my ADSL router for the past few days to check whether the regrade has been done.  Today was the 7th working day and I still don't have ADSL2+.
Can a Plusnet staff member let me know what has happened to this order, please?
Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Order for ADSL2+ regrade not done

Records on the order show a single request was raised to our suppliers and for some reason (which I cannot see immediately, as I do not have access to all supplier systems from home). It was updated on the 8th to show the delivery date as April 13th.
Not sure why you were told the 12th on the 6th, as the order was clearly not in a status to confirm this. Though per the above, I can't see all records, so not going to term it as a "lie" just yet Wink
The order has passed the point of no return, so I do not see any reason why this will not be completed within the next 24 hours.
This is a status reached when a order cannot be cancelled unless the line proves faulty during the actual work. This can only occur at the very end of the day two days before (EOD on 11th).
MarkAS

Thanks, Phil.  We'll see what happens tomorrow then.
Many thanks.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

There is no need to restart your router to see if the regrade has been done. The change requires your connection at the exchange to be physically moved between 20CN and 21CN equipment. Your connection will be down for about 5 minutes whilst this is done and your router should automatically restart on ADSL2/2+ once the transfer is completed.
Checking DSL Type (if shown and sync speed shown in your router stats should confirm the change has taken place.
If you check closed tickets in your Member Centre you should find a regrade request ticket and service notice which gives dates supplied by BT for the changeover.
David
MarkAS

Okay, thanks spraxyt.  I now see the request ticket and service notices - I didn't realise that there was a "Go" button that you need to click on to see them.
MarkAS

My line was upgraded to ADSL2+ yesterday.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

i have been waiting all day for it to happen  Crazy and still the same  Embarrassed
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rongtw,
It looks like it's all complete now with your profile showing as 17000k.
Jojo Smiley
MarkAS

Joanne
I've been on ADSL2+ for a three days now and I've seen one contant sync rate, with no restarts, in that time.  I have seen none of the expected "training" activity so far.  Is that normal?
Thanks,
Mark
MarkAS

Bump.
prichardson
Grafter

That is perfectly normal.
Regrades from ADSL to ADSL2+ have the ability to carry much of the known line data across and factor this into the dynamic line management calculations.
This does not mean there is no 10 day training period, but both direct impact and initial drops are minimised.
Some customers may never see a drop due to this.