cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Light on Router - flashing B at times

Monkeylouis
Hooked

Orange Light on Router - flashing B at times

I've just started having an issue with my router this afternoon - I've tried the basic stuff, turning it off, resetting but nothing has worked.
Attempting to connect to the router is just telling me that the internet is not connected.
I don't have a phone to test the line and our filter doesn't have a test circuit so I'm stuck.
6 REPLIES 6
Menace65
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Orange Light on Router - flashing B at times

https://istheservicedown.co.uk/status/plusnet/map

Mine was like that yesterday and this morning, and I'm sure it will happen again today.

candleman
Hooked

Mine too. Went down about 2.00pm and again at 4.30. Still not back on. I reported the fault twice now, the second time i got cut off from the service agent at Plusnet while he was doing some background checks and have not had a call back to say what he found.

My neighbour is a Data/coms guy and tested the line to the exchange. He defo says problem with BT's DSLAM, whatever that is. 

Cant be bothered to phone again to talk to another agent, spent 3/4 hour already listening to taped music today. I just hope the online contact page bears fruit.

Monkeylouis
Hooked

Had a message that there is a local fault, ' a circuit offline'. No report of it being repaired or any indication of when we will be back online. Approaching 24hrs of no service now, really disappointed
Monkeylouis
Hooked

Having spoken to customer service they have told me that an engineer from openreach needs to repair the problem - and will be in touch in the next 48hrs. Looks like we are in for a long delay
Monkeylouis
Hooked

Now we have been told openreach are ordering a part to fix this fault and we don't know when it will be fixed. Plus net have still got no service problems listed on their site - not very reassuring
Monkeylouis
Hooked

Offered no support here and now I've been informed that an engineer will be attempting to fix this problem on Thursday the 2nd. After a week of no service.
Every time I phone technical support I get a different story - either they need to check something on my end or this is planned maintenance and it will be sorted, or we are waiting for a part on order or now we've just requested an engineer so it will be at least two days and I might have to pay for it if it's my fault.

My partner is working from home and we have two young kids so this is having a significant impact.