Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option 3 to Unlimited Downgrade?

Jonken
Grafter

Option 3 to Unlimited Downgrade?

Hi everyone this is my first post so be gentle Smiley
I've just changed from  Broadband Your Way Option 3 to the new Unlimited account and I've just noticed that it's been classed as a downgrade. Surely going from a limited account to a more expensive (albeit only a few pence more expensive) unlimited account  is an upgrade not a downgrade. I take this means I can't get a free router now. Also nowhere in the account change process was I told what the new contract length is (elsewhere I've read that it's 12 months with no free hardware or 18 months if you take the free router)
Has anyone else made this change? Did you get a free router? Or is the Unlimited account being shunned because of the contract length (my Option 3 contract was 1 month)?
John
8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Option 3 to Unlimited Downgrade?

Welcome to the forums, good to have you around  Smiley
Unlimited is a cheaper product, for the first few months or if you're not on a market 3 exchange, which is why it is classed as a downgrade.
If you want to turn it into a 12 month contract, which you can as an existing customer, you need to raise a ticket.
I'm changing on my next billing date, also there is scope to change back within the first month if you don't think it's suitable after all.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

When I changed a referral to the new contract there was the option for 12 or 18 months with the 12 months not having a free house move and a free router I think - I could be wrong though  Embarrassed
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Seems to be hard to be certain of anything since the refresh.  Roll_eyes
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Jonken
Grafter

Hi again
Yes my changeover to unlimited isn't due to take place until the end of this billing month on 19th March but I've just gone through the product change process again (upto the point where you actually change Smiley but not beyond) there were no options for contract length/free hardware and the only mention of contract length is in the pages and pages of terms and conditions you have to agree to and is : -
4. If the service is intended to last for a minimum period, details will be set out in the special-offer terms or the price terms. The minimum period will start on the date that we provide the service to you, unless the service terms say otherwise.
As far as I can tell (unless I've missed a post somewhere and I'm pretty certain I haven't) I've not been told what the length of my new contract is. How can you be bound by a contract if you've not been told the exact terms of that contract.
The contract length doesn't really matter to me (whaterever ISP I use the service will still be provided by BT and I guess will still have the fault that's been there since Oct '08  Angry ) But I could have done with the free router (I opted not to take the hardware offer when I first signed with PlusNet) but PLusNet Support seems to be pretty good (unlike BT's) and I don't envisage changing any time soon.
Looks like I'll have to raise a ticket to get clarification.
Puzzled John
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Jonken,
If you requested the change through the members centre you have to accept the new terms and conditions of the product you're changing to before the request is passed through. This is on the confirmation screen and the terms of the minimum contract period are in the 'Plusnet Broadband Price Terms' section.
Hope that helps,
Jonken
Grafter

Yep I've found that. Wow how many people ever read all that before clicking OK? Just out of interest I copied and pasted it into Word, which tells me that it's 36 pages, 16,887 words, 83,976 characters (no spaces), 648 paragraphs and last of all 2,165 lines long Shocked the bit you refered me to is on page 27! Doesn't mention free routers though  Cry
So that still leaves the original question - Does going from BBYW3 to Unlimited being classed as a downgrade mean you don't the freebie offers?
John
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Does going from BBYW3 to Unlimited being classed as a downgrade mean you don't the freebie offers?

Sorry for not picking this up in my last answer. No, it's classed as a downgrade because you're paying less on the new product. If you've opted for the 12 month contract then we can't offer free hardware I'm afraid, but if you've signed up for the 18 month option then we can send out a free wireless router - if you request it on the ticket our CSC agents will arrange this for you.
Hope that helps,
Jonken
Grafter

Oh great  Cool that's what I  shall do then.
Many thanks for your help Orbrey
John